interlacing problem after FCP6 export. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old May 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM   #1
New Boot

interlacing problem after FCP6 export.

Hey HD7 lovers out there. I am having a problem with my footage taken with my HD7 at full HD (1920x1080). I import it to my computer, Macbook pro, and use batch conversion (streamclip) to convert all the TOD files to Apple HDV 1080i60p, then i click the DE-INTERLACE check box and start the conversion.
Once converted I import them to FCP6 to edit. Now that my editing is complete I choose to export as quicktime MOV. HOWEVER when I export the edited mov file, its back to being interlaced, i can see the horizontal lines, combing, whatever term you choose to use. So now I re-convert the edited clip BACK to Apple HDV 1080i60p using streamclip.
Why is it doing this? is there anyway around this?
Thanks in advance!
Cam McKinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McKinlay View Post
Hey HD7 lovers out there. I am having a problem with my footage taken with my HD7 at full HD (1920x1080). I import it to my computer, Macbook pro, and use batch conversion (streamclip) to convert all the TOD files to Apple HDV 1080i60p, then i click the DE-INTERLACE check box and start the conversion.
Once converted I import them to FCP6 to edit. Now that my editing is complete I choose to export as quicktime MOV. HOWEVER when I export the edited mov file, its back to being interlaced, i can see the horizontal lines, combing, whatever term you choose to use. So now I re-convert the edited clip BACK to Apple HDV 1080i60p using streamclip.
Why is it doing this? is there anyway around this?
Thanks in advance!
Hi!

I am Window use, but I am fine with .TOD files, I have not seen any visible lines! You can check my uploaded videos here: Kaushik on Vimeo

And this is my latest video: Kaushik on Vimeo

And below are some random videos of mine if wiah to see them:

Birthday on Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/4049068

Vegetables & Flowers Maraket in Ahmedabad on Vimeo

Ahmedabad, India on Vimeo

Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad, December 2008 on Vimeo

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
Hi!

I am Window use, but I am fine with .TOD files, I have not seen any visible lines! You can check my uploaded videos here: Kaushik on Vimeo

And this is my latest video: Kaushik on Vimeo

And below are some random videos of mine if wiah to see them:

Birthday on Vimeo

Ahmedabad Highway on Vimeo

Vegetables & Flowers Maraket in Ahmedabad on Vimeo

Ahmedabad, India on Vimeo

Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad, December 2008 on Vimeo

Kaushik
Your videos and editing look great Kaushik!
What settings or format do you export your videos with?
Currently from reading steves GREAT handbook, i am exporting to Apple HDV 1080i60. do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Cam McKinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McKinlay View Post
Your videos and editing look great Kaushik!
What settings or format do you export your videos with?
Currently from reading steves GREAT handbook, i am exporting to Apple HDV 1080i60. do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Cam McKinlay,

I am glad you like my work; I thank you for your appreciation.

No I am doing nothing; I am just using same .TOD files in timeline. I am using CyberLink software for editing purpose. It is not like Pro, but is amazing software in its kind of category!

Are you not able to use RAW files means .TOD files directly? Why you need to convert them? I have not use FCP yet so I have no idea!

Thanks,
Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series