One small scratch on lens! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old June 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Major Player

One small scratch on lens!

Hello!

My HD7 got one small scratch on lens and it appearse when we shoot video, so what is solution for that? Do I need change the whole lense? I would really appreciate if some one can help me.

Thanks
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Kaushik...........

Nothing else to be done, it needs to go in to have the front element replaced.

From my (limited) experience, modern camcorders have a sealed module that encompasses the "focus/ zoom" unit behind a front fixed element, which would appear to be the one damaged.

With a bit of luck the only repair is to the front element and not the entire lens (unless JVC have done something really dumb........).

Best give them (JVC) a call and see what they suggest.

I will refrain from echoeing the many complaints about JVC service authored here, but "may God have mercy on your soul", I think you may need it!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Soucy View Post
Nothing else to be done, it needs to go in to have the front element replaced.

From my (limited) experience, modern camcorders have a sealed module that encompasses the "focus/ zoom" unit behind a front fixed element, which would appear to be the one damaged.

With a bit of luck the only repair is to the front element and not the entire lens (unless JVC have done something really dumb........).

Best give them (JVC) a call and see what they suggest.

I will refrain from echoeing the many complaints about JVC service authored here, but "may God have mercy on your soul", I think you may need it!

CS
CS,

I was thinking same. But now I am in India, I will have to ask some one for that part in USA. I will try, I thank you for your help. I love HD7, I am very happy with it. Maybe you have gone through with my videos: Kaushik on Vimeo

Thanks,
Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series