SSD in HD7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old July 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #1
New Boot

SSD in HD7

Hey HD7 Lovers! I have a question reguarding the Hard disk in the HD7. With the price and size of Solid State Hard Drives becoming more and more reasonable, I have been pondering installing a larger SSD into my HD7. Has anyone attempted this before? or just plain replacing the HD itself? It looks to me to be easily accessible with only 4 screws on the outside. Would a larger HD not work due to the file system only recognizing 60GB in the menu? Is the HD a simple 2.5" SATA HD?
Any help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Reason for this is I shoot alot of free runners and pro inline skaters, With some small jolts the camera goes into drop detection shutdown. Its really annoying. especially when i am running with my glidecam or doing creative angles and shots and it shuts down.
Thanks in advance guys
Cam McKinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam McKinlay View Post
Hey HD7 Lovers! I have a question reguarding the Hard disk in the HD7. With the price and size of Solid State Hard Drives becoming more and more reasonable, I have been pondering installing a larger SSD into my HD7. Has anyone attempted this before? or just plain replacing the HD itself? It looks to me to be easily accessible with only 4 screws on the outside. Would a larger HD not work due to the file system only recognizing 60GB in the menu? Is the HD a simple 2.5" SATA HD?
Any help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Reason for this is I shoot alot of free runners and pro inline skaters, With some small jolts the camera goes into drop detection shutdown. Its really annoying. especially when i am running with my glidecam or doing creative angles and shots and it shuts down.
Thanks in advance guys
Good question, I never thought of it! I guess you must ask to JVC, they will tell you right answer. So you would like to install 120GB? If you are not fond of Full HD than you should use some SDHC cards of 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or more, in manual it is said that 4GB will be support but you may try higher capacity, may be it will work.

And if you get succes to rplace HDD do let me know, this would be good. I am proud owner of HD7, using it since last two years. You may have gone through with my videos, if not here are links:

My latest video:

C. G. Road Walkers Day, "NO CAR DAY" on Vimeo

YouTube - Birthday Celebration in Atira

I love colours of JVC HD7, and I am going to buy soon HM100.

Kaushik

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series