JVC GY-HM710U ProHD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old August 11th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #1
New Boot

JVC GY-HM710U ProHD

A new camera came out, it is available in the US at B&H
Wow, do I like the look of that shoulder camera, wish I could try it out ....
I am not trying to make publicity, I just received an email from B&H telling me about it .
Andre Bisson II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: JVC GY-HM710U ProHD

Here I got that picture
Attached Images

Old August 11th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #3
New Boot

Too bad, it does not have 3 x 1/2 inch ccds instead of 3 1/3 inch ccds ? I guess it would be more expansive.
Old August 11th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #4
Inner Circle

The JVC HM models from the 700, 750, 790 and now the 710 are all 1/3 inch. This came from the HD series. The 710 is the little brother of the 750 which is replacing the 700. The 710 has a few less features than the 750 but is a wonderful camera. There is nothing wrong with the image it or any of the HM7XX series produces and they all shoot both MOV or MXF.
Great camera for the money.
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the info, that is what I wanted, some people with the experience on those models .... for 6400 US$ it sure looks professional.
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Major Player

How much does a battery and charger cost ? ? ?

Minimum illumination 1.25 lux +18 db f1.4

What's in the Box

JVC GY-HM710U ProHD Compact Shoulder Camcorder
with Canon 14x Lens
Microphone
1 Year Labor / 2 Year Parts Warranty
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Major Player

Is this the same pixel offset technology with 720 sensors or is it 1080 ??

"The GY-HM710 utilizes three precisely aligned 1/3" progressive-scan full-HD CCDs – one each for red, green, and blue primary color – and outputs full resolution in 1920 x 1080, both interlace and progressive. JVC's advanced ProHD capture technology incorporates a new patent-pending Adaptive Pixel Correlation Technique (APCT), and combined with TRIPLEX Offset technology it delivers exceptional resolving power, comparable to cameras with larger image sensors. The highly efficient ProHD form of H-V pixel shift, where the Blue pixels' sensor array is shifted 1/2 pixel horizontally, while the Red pixels' sensor array is shifted 1/2 pixel vertically (both referenced to the Green array), enables recovery of additional luminance detail between the photosites of each pixel. By applying the Adaptive Pixel Correlation Technique".

This is from the 700 series overview

The GY-HM700
3CCD High Resolution Sensors The 1280 x 720 1/3" CCDs featured in the GY-HM700 have sophisticated spatial-offset technology along with Adaptive Pixel Correlation. The result is high resolution imagery comparable to full-resolution CMOS sensors without the known problems associated with CMOS--including skew and "wobble"--making the camera an ideal tool for sports, event coverage, and news gathering.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #8
Inner Circle

The 710 is a slightly dumbed down version of the 700/750. Don't remember off the top of my head the exact differences but from what I've heard the 710 will do just about everything the 700 would do.

As for battery's and charger. these cameras are set up with the Anton Bauer battery plate. Now that doesn't mean you have to use AB batteries you could use less expensive 3 pin battery's however I don't know anything about them but to answer your question about cost, if you use AB battery's you would certainly need more than 1. I never carried less than 4. I'm talking about the Dionic 90 which is a 90 watt battery and would power the camera which pulls 24 watts IIRC, for about 3.25 hours if you are not powering anything else like an on board light or wireless receiver. When I used them to power a JVC500/5100 those cameras pulled a bit higher wattage and with light and receiver also running I got about 2.5 hours per battery. Of course the light wasn't always on and the receiver doesn't pull a lot of power. Anton Bauer is a great power system but not cheap. The battery's are about $400 each thru a reputable dealer like B&H. A charger can run anywhere from about $500 to 1300 depending an what you get. A 2 position intellicharger which will condition the battery's as well as charge them and work as a power supply is about $800, a 4 position about $1300. there are other chargers/power supplies but they don't condition the battery's which for me was very important.
Please keep in mind this is a professional type camera that uses professional type power. By that I mean the camera pulls a lot of watts and need a powerful battery system to keep it running. Most people, when they get into a camera of this type already have power since ABs are generic in the sense they work on any fullsized camera that has a 3 pin battery plate. I had my battery's thru a number of cameras and simply put an AB plate on the camera, it didn't matter what the camera was. I had them on JVCs and numerous Sony's. the power system should last longer than you have the camera if you take proper care of it.
HTHs

Last edited by Don Bloom; August 15th, 2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: updated power numbers
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I wonder if they will release a 25P/50i version?

Ian Skurrie
Ian Skurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #10
Regular Crew

FYI..

There is a separate forum that covers the GY-HM series Cams.. More answers there..

JVC GY-HM Series Camera Systems Forum at DVinfo.net

Steve..
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series