Green pixels on JVC GZ MS120BU at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old July 9th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #1
Tourist

Green pixels on JVC GZ MS120BU

Hello all!

I have been searching the web high and low with regards to green pixels (or missing pixels, dormant pixels, dead pixels etc.) and have found very little to nothing with regards to my type of video camera.

I have seen that other camera models had an advanced menu that would appear with a special key combination on the camera then select an option to "flash" or "reset" all pixels on the camera and voila, the pixels are "fixed" but I cannot find any such option on my model.

Does anyone know of a way to fix these green pixels?

I currently have two of them appearing in my videos. As I move my camera around while taping, the pixel seems to be bouncing around?!?!

Will I have to send it in for repair or is there something out there that I can do to save myself the repair cost for this older model video recorder?

Thanks
Marc Lefebvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: Green pixels on JVC GZ MS120BU

Don't have an answer for your problem directly but what the Pixel Masking routines do in other JVC products isn't "reseting" the pixels but identifying them as hot or stuck and masking them out and I believe blending in from a surrounding pixel set.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series