HD Movie Clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 13th, 2003, 04:47 AM   #1
Major Player

HD Movie Clips

I apologize if this has already been posted or discussed. This page has some JVC HD information although it is in Japanese (the font may appear garbled if you do not have the Japanese language pack installed for IE users). Towards the bottom there are mpeg movies you can download and distributed throughout the site are pictures. I'd like to know what the site says, perhaps someone could translate for us and tell us the details of these clips (if they are indeed HD, etc). Click here.
Old June 13th, 2003, 11:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Well those mpegs are even more impressive than the last ones posted. The panning shot of the trees appears to show the camera with auto iris on, and it seems to react normally enough to the increase in light as the camera pans left. I would never use auto iris anyway, apart from initial setup. I am seeing some artifacting during the panning though, but nothing too terrible, and it may just be that I'm playing them back on a slow PC with the Elecard player.
Old June 13th, 2003, 11:21 AM   #3
HDV Cinema

I wasn't sure I could mention this -- but there is video peaking on the LCD display (like with pro cameras) that helps you know when focusing is spot-on.

The translation from Japanese:

"With also you say, the dot of the liquid crystal are few, because the empty, at the place where focusing is agreeable the jaggy appears in the contour part."
Old June 13th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #4
Major Player

Now THAT, is wonderful news Steve! I wonder how well it works? That latest Japanese footage posted is pretty amazing.
Old June 13th, 2003, 04:45 PM   #5
HDV Cinema

<<<-- Originally posted by Paul Mogg : Now THAT, is wonderful news Steve! I wonder how well it works? That latest Japanese footage posted is pretty amazing. -->>>

Looking at the LCD at NAB, it was very obvious when object outlines suddenly became very sharp.

Later JVC mentioned that it was a feature -- but I wasn't sure if it was only the HD10. Looks like the HD1 has it too.

Now I have to wonder about the "reviews" published a few weeks ago!

I was also told that the HD10 would "have something dialed down." I now think they were talking about edge-enhancement. Which is very good news.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U