Rentals? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 13th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #1
Trustee

Rentals?

Does anyone know if a lot of places are planning to rent out the HD10? Specifically I'm wondering about Chicago but am curious about the rest of the country too. I would suspect that the rental market for this would be pretty big in the beginning until people decide they really like it.
Old June 14th, 2003, 07:46 PM   #2
Trustee

Well I'll take this as a 'no.' :) But if anyone hears about a camera shop renting this thing, please let us know cause I'd love to try one out myself.
Old June 15th, 2003, 03:33 AM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Moore : Well I'll take this as a 'no.' :) But if anyone hears about a camera shop renting this thing, please let us know cause I'd love to try one out myself. -->>>

Go for a demo; I mentioned on another thread that I hope to buy an HDTV from Circuit City and return it, after demoing the camera. I honestly have no idea why CC (and other similar places) are so liberal in their return policies when it comes to that stuff! But, you still have to special order the DVHS...And I may go with a more hi-end pro version, like the SR-VD400US (lists for $1295, but may not cost that, like the DVHS, which lists for $1299 but is on sale, if ordered, for under 600 bucks). Wait a sec, upon several searches at mysimon.com and even google.com, the JVC HM-DH30000 is no longer listed as being found. Uh-oh...

Also, while searching I found an HD1 for $3149.89 at this site:

http://www.acephotodigital.com/sc/main_item.asp?id=964587055&rf=cn&dfdate=06_13_2003

heath
Old June 15th, 2003, 08:59 AM   #4
Trustee

I have an HDTV already. Do you mean buy an HD10 camera and then return it? That's not very nice. :)

Anyway these places that have liberal return policies on their TVs, they still make you pay to deliver it back to them, don't they?
Old June 15th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #5
Wrangler

Yeah, and you must have a lot more free time than I do (or place a lower value on your time). Once I go through the hassle of getting some large appliance, like a TV, in my house I have no desire to repeat the excercise and do a bunch of paperwork at the store....
Old June 15th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #6
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Boyd Ostroff : Yeah, and you must have a lot more free time than I do (or place a lower value on your time). Once I go through the hassle of getting some large appliance, like a TV, in my house I have no desire to repeat the excercise and do a bunch of paperwork at the store.... -->>>

Actually, no, there is no re-stocking fee, only on computers over 2 weeks old (except laptops, which people buy and return after vacations or business trips).

I'd only buy (and recommend buying) one of those tiny flat panel HDTVs. They're almost like computer monitors, but they're really HDTVs.

heath
Old June 15th, 2003, 12:54 PM   #7
Wrangler

I think the answer to your earlier comment "I honestly have no idea why CC (and other similar places) are so liberal in their return policies when it comes to that stuff!" is that there must be more people like me than you ;-) But OTOH, Circuit City has not been doing very well for quite awhile. They sell lots of stuff but don't make any money.
Thursday, June 5, 2003 11:07 AM ET
Dow Jones Newswires

Circuit City now forecasts a first-quarter loss of 23 cents to 25 cents a share, much wider than the loss of eight cents a share projected by analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call. In the first quarter of last year, the company reported a loss of a penny a share.
Old June 15th, 2003, 01:28 PM   #8
MPS Digital Studios

This will actually be the only time I've ever done this. I like Circuit City, because it's close to my apartment (Best Buy is another 2 miles away). I didn't know they were doing bad.

heath

<<<-- Originally posted by Boyd Ostroff : I think the answer to your earlier comment "I honestly have no idea why CC (and other similar places) are so liberal in their return policies when it comes to that stuff!" is that there must be more people like me than you ;-) But OTOH, Circuit City has not been doing very well for quite awhile. They sell lots of stuff but don't make any money.
Thursday, June 5, 2003 11:07 AM ET
Dow Jones Newswires

Circuit City now forecasts a first-quarter loss of 23 cents to 25 cents a share, much wider than the loss of eight cents a share projected by analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call. In the first quarter of last year, the company reported a loss of a penny a share.
-->>>

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U