I used the GR-HD1U HD cam! One problem though! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 19th, 2003, 05:48 AM   #16
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Heath McKnight : I remember when the GL1 came out with auto volume control...that didn't seem to affect sales. I didn't buy it, but my friends did!

Go for the HD10 for total control!

heath

<<<-- Originally posted by Zac Stein : I think not having FULL manual control is a problem any way you look at it, stop trying to defend a camera if it has a vital feature missing.

How can you customize looks to your very specific taste?

Why does every other camera in its class have more manual control?

Automatically adjusting iris or shutter in manual mode is NOT a feature, it is a fault.

What happens if you go out and shoot, it is bright and everything comes back all strobey, due to very high shutter?
Or the other end, blury because the shutter was too slow.

If this really is the case, then this camera is not worth buying to be honest.

Zac -->>> -->>>

Again, you are justifying JVC for not implementing "correct" control featuers that's expected at this level. The faults of the GL1 has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Also, is it me or anyone else thinks JVC insane!! for putting out their flag-ship minidv cam and to have it to be this crippled?
Old June 22nd, 2003, 01:47 PM   #17

<<<-- Originally posted by Yang Wen : What happens if you go out and shoot, it is bright and everything comes back all strobey, due to very high shutter?
Or the other end, blury because the shutter was too slow.

- I would say that you should plan on buying a full set of ND filters, a Pola and some grads to shoot with this camera outdoors.

Wouldn't it be cool if JVC had designed the sunhood to include a filter slot for 3x3 filters? That would be pretty easy to do with the sunhood JVC includes on the camera, there is definitely enough space to do it. The lens thread mount is 52mm in any case.

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U