Jvc Gy-dv700yucl at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 20th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #1
Trustee

Jvc Gy-dv700yucl

Has anybody heard anything positive/negative about the JVC Cineline camcorders? They use mini DV tapes and are supposed to give "cine" like pictures. They cost around $9,000.00 without the lens and they seem like the poor man's answer to Panasonic's and Sony's 24p models. Any first hand knowledge would be appreciated.
Old June 20th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #2
Major Player

I would like to know the answer to your question also. I tried to rent one once, and couldn’t find it anywhere. I don’t think these camera’s ever took off. JVC seems to be very bad at pushing their products. BUT, given that there are new low cost progressive options out now, I really don’t have an interest in these cameras anymore. I am, however, curious as to why these cameras never took off.
Old June 20th, 2003, 01:40 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Re: Jvc Gy-dv700yucl

<<<-- Originally posted by Hugh DiMauro : Has anybody heard anything positive/negative about the JVC Cineline camcorders? They use mini DV tapes and are supposed to give "cine" like pictures. They cost around $9,000.00 without the lens and they seem like the poor man's answer to Panasonic's and Sony's 24p models. Any first hand knowledge would be appreciated. -->>>

I almost bought one two years ago, but didn't. They don't do 24P, as far as I know, neither the D9 nor the minidv. But they shoot native 16:9. They haven't talked about those cameras since they came out and advertised everywhere with the guy in dreads and the older dude with a goatee. It was EVERYWHERE...

heath
Old June 23rd, 2003, 02:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Thanks for your replies.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 03:32 PM   #5
Outer Circle

One guy bought one a year or two back. I know the guy from dv.com. He's since sold it and moved on to something else. I recall him being all hyped up about it before he bought, then he stopped posting until recently, inquiring about another cam. I think it was with the DVX100.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 03:38 PM   #6
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : One guy bought one a year or two back. I know the guy from dv.com. He's since sold it and moved on to something else. I recall him being all hyped up about it before he bought, then he stopped posting until recently, inquiring about another cam. I think it was with the DVX100. -->>>

Glad I didn't buy one two years ago. Hope this doesn't make me regret buying the HD. then again, the HD10 costs 12 grand less than the 700.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U