Where the HD1 is at at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 25th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

Where the HD1 is at

Joseph George says he saw it at Best Buy; that makes sense in L.A.; probably also big markets like NYC, Denver, San Fran, Miami; etc. Their online store says it's coming soon:

http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...=36&e=11220551

Circuit City's online store doesn't list it.

heath
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Best Buy does have them here (Denver area) - $3499. The HD1 is listed on bestbuy.com too, but listed as not in stock yet.

Another place to check is Ritz Camera (Wolf Camera) as these shops are peppered throughout the country. They have the camera listed on their site as $3295. I demoed my HD1 from a local Wolf Camera store.

Larger camera shops should have the HD1, and they should be easy to locate. The HD10U is another matter and it will take a lot of luck to stumble across one. Most shops won't even be offering the HD10U.
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Kilgroe : Best Buy does have them here (Denver area) - $3499. The HD1 is listed on bestbuy.com too, but listed as not in stock yet.

Another place to check is Ritz Camera (Wolf Camera) as these shops are peppered throughout the country. They have the camera listed on their site as $3295. I demoed my HD1 from a local Wolf Camera store.

Larger camera shops should have the HD1, and they should be easy to locate. The HD10U is another matter and it will take a lot of luck to stumble across one. Most shops won't even be offering the HD10U. -->>>

I'm awaiting to pick my HD10 up, and losing patience.

heath
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

Best Buy here will give you a free JVC DVHS deck with it. I would like to know if there is any difference in the image between HD1 and HD10. What a way to turn a toy into a broadcast division camera! Why not call the better model HD1.01 for 1% improvement and sell it for $35 more? I'm sure it does not cost them more than $15 extra to make it. They supposedly made the broadcast version after talking to Japanese broadcasters and surveyed them on required features. I'm sure that the production cost is not much more than an average 1-chip camera. Why JVC does not publish the low light rating?
Old June 26th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #5
Major Player

Broadcast version in Japan? Where did you hear that? Could we import one?
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:15 PM   #6
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Betsy Moore : Broadcast version in Japan? Where did you hear that? Could we import one? -->>>

Does he mean the HD10? If not, we can only wonder. I know my station would be interested in it--we're HD in everything (signal, floor cameras--the ones that shoot the anchors) except ENG and editing. Having those cameras would be good; of course, we'd need an HD deck-to-deck edit system, along with HD breakout cards for our FCP systems.

heath
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #7
Permanently Banned

Sorry, It was Good Guys, not Best Buys. HD10 is the broadcast version.
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:32 PM   #8
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Joseph George : Sorry, It was Good Guys, not Best Buys. HD10 is the broadcast version. -->>>

That's what I thought.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U