DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Can someone please post your clips from the HD1? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/11357-can-someone-please-post-your-clips-hd1.html)

Yang Wen June 27th, 2003 09:27 AM

Can someone please post your clips from the HD1?

Many of you have had this camera for a long time now. Can someone please post some clips shot from this camera, including the automatic exposure problem? I think a lot of us wondering about the HD1 would like to see it. Thanks

Heath McKnight June 27th, 2003 02:42 PM

Re: Can someone please post your clips from the HD1?

<<<-- Originally posted by Yang Wen : Many of you have had this camera for a long time now. Can someone please post some clips shot from this camera, including the automatic exposure problem? I think a lot of us wondering about the HD1 would like to see it. Thanks -->>>

Well, I'm pissed; I can't pick up my HD10 until Monday. And by the time I do that, I have to go to work. So much for the weekend. I've let the company know I'm pretty pissed off. What can you do, though?

I'll try to pick it up early enough Monday to shoot and post some stuff, of course, I need to figure out how to do it with my FCP system....

heath

Michael Pappas June 27th, 2003 03:48 PM

Paul Mogg has footage of the Golden Gate Bridge etc that Chris Hurd was to put up assuming Paul got the footage to Chris. Paul if you have not got the footage to Chris, I suggest within a day you do so. Chris won't have the High Speed line to upload and download your clips after that.

Michael Pappas
www.pbase.com/PappasArts9

Heath McKnight June 27th, 2003 04:03 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Pappas : Paul Mogg has footage of the Golden Gate Bridge etc that Chris Hurd was to put up assuming Paul got the footage to Chris. Paul if you have not got the footage to Chris, I suggest within a day you do so. Chris won't have the High Speed line to upload and download your clips after that.

Michael Pappas
www.pbase.com/PappasArts9 -->>>

I believe he's at work (Calif?) and can't do it until night, which I'm assuming is 8 or 9 PM, Chris' time.

heath

Michael Pappas June 27th, 2003 04:12 PM

Chris is in LA for another day while he works the show. Chris has access to a High Speed line in LA. They are in the same time zones at the moment.
Sorry to hear you can't get your camera, I know how it feels. Worse of all your going to see a lot more shots this weekend then mormal and the voice in your head is going to say " That would make an awesome shot, if only I had the camera to get it" I have been there before. Best medicine is to lock yourself in a closet, but then you might find a good shot in there and want to make your version of the Panic Room. Oh well!

Michael

Heath McKnight June 27th, 2003 04:24 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Pappas : Sorry to hear you can't get your camera, I know how it feels. Worse of all your going to see a lot more shots this weekend then mormal and the voice in your head is going to say " That would make an awesome shot, if only I had the camera to get it" I have been there before. Best medicine is to lock yourself in a closet, but then you might find a good shot in there and want to make your version of the Panic Room. Oh well!

Michael -->>>

Ha ha ha! It's true, that's how I feel! ARGH! But seriously, I'm so hardcore about picking up my camera, I moved a meeting from one area to the area near where I'm grabbing the camera. That's dedication! Man, I'm cheesed, what a day! I was so thinking I was picking it up. Oh, well...I'll hit bed early Sunday (ie, before 3 am) and head down around 9:30 AM. Grab the camera, and pray to God we don't lose our Film Festival (the meeting I mentioned). It will be a bittersweet day.

heath

Paul Mogg June 28th, 2003 06:42 AM

Hi Folks,
I've had a bunch of great footage sitting here for a week now ready to upload somewhere, but I have nowhere to upload it to. I tried emailing the clips to Chris Hurd but his email wouldn't accept the stuff, (24-40mb attachments. Anyway, if anyone has an FTP adress and a site for me to upload to, just post it and I'll post the footage (let me know how many clips you want). I have about 20 or more clips ready to go (about 8 secs each) , and I think they really show the cameras capabilities well. They include a scene from an outdoor wedding that blew me away as to how well this camera reproduces flesh tones and human faces.
I'm a little depressed today as I came home from work to find that my nice new Monivision 32" HD monitor that was supposed to arrive, did arrive, but the delivery men dropped it off the back of the truck and broke it trying to get it into my garage. So now I have to wait another god-knows-how-long to see my footage on a real HD TV.
Anyway, I'm filming a wedding with the JVC today as my second camera, my first being my Ikegami, so that should make a good comparison.
I mentioned that I have some footage of the Golden Gate Bridge that I downloaded from the Heuris site, that was shot by the guys at emotion studios here in SF. and that I copied that shot exactly with the JVC as a comparison. Well by chance I ran into the guys that run emotion studios at Dolby labs here on thirsday and they confirmed that it was shot with a Sony FW-900 camera, then compressed to MPEG2-TS using the Heuris encoder. They also gave verbal permission to post the clip if we want to.
So, again, if anyone has a site I can post to, please post the FTP adress of it or send me an email, ((or email me their adress and I'll snail mail it) and I will upload all of this.

Cheers

Chris Hurd June 28th, 2003 08:35 AM

Paul

Quote:

I tried emailing the clips to Chris Hurd but his email wouldn't accept the stuff, (24-40mb attachments.
I had no idea. I'll ask Jeff Kramer to set up an temporary FTP account for you to allow you to upload those clips to the dvinfo site, a server in the San Francisco bay area. Give me about 24 hours to accomplish this (I'm far from home at the moment, at the ETW show in L.A.) -- back in Texas I have only "fake" broadband via satellite, which is high-speed down, low-speed up. Hope this helps,

Paul Mogg June 28th, 2003 08:38 AM

Thanks Chris, tell me how many clips you'd like, as I don't want to overwhelm your site, I kept the clips pretty short ( about 8 secs each).

Thanks again.

Chris Hurd June 28th, 2003 09:04 AM

Paul, can you send me your email addy? pdmogg@attbi.com returns as inactive. We can use several clips, just choose your best ones, I should have plenty of bandwidth to cover it (fingers slightly crossed). Thanks,

Michael Pappas June 28th, 2003 11:22 AM

Hello Paul. I can't wait to see the footage. Did you get to project HD10 footage? That's great that emotion will alow the HD footage to be used for comparison. Sounds like this outdoor wedding footage really looks awesome. Which Ikegami do you have?

By the way, you live in my favorite city My girlfriend and I drive up there all the time. You must take that camera to Muir woods to shoot and some Sausalito shots as well, but for sure Muir woods.

Michael Pappas

<<<-- Originally posted by Paul Mogg : Hi Folks,
I've had a bunch of great footage sitting here for a week now ready to upload somewhere, but I have nowhere to upload it to. I tried emailing the clips to Chris Hurd but his email wouldn't accept the stuff, (24-40mb attachments. Anyway, if anyone has an FTP adress and a site for me to upload to, just post it and I'll post the footage (let me know how many clips you want). I have about 20 or more clips ready to go (about 8 secs each) , and I think they really show the cameras capabilities well. They include a scene from an outdoor wedding that blew me away as to how well this camera reproduces flesh tones and human faces.
I'm a little depressed today as I came home from work to find that my nice new Monivision 32" HD monitor that was supposed to arrive, did arrive, but the delivery men dropped it off the back of the truck and broke it trying to get it into my garage. So now I have to wait another god-knows-how-long to see my footage on a real HD TV.
Anyway, I'm filming a wedding with the JVC today as my second camera, my first being my Ikegami, so that should make a good comparison.
I mentioned that I have some footage of the Golden Gate Bridge that I downloaded from the Heuris site, that was shot by the guys at emotion studios here in SF. and that I copied that shot exactly with the JVC as a comparison. Well by chance I ran into the guys that run emotion studios at Dolby labs here on thirsday and they confirmed that it was shot with a Sony FW-900 camera, then compressed to MPEG2-TS using the Heuris encoder. They also gave verbal permission to post the clip if we want to.
So, again, if anyone has a site I can post to, please post the FTP adress of it or send me an email, ((or email me their adress and I'll snail mail it) and I will upload all of this.

Cheers
. -->>>

Paul Mogg June 28th, 2003 12:04 PM

No, unfotunately at Dolby Labs here they don't have a digital projector yet, and I didn't want to show it to everybody at 480i, so no go.
I will post some footage as soon as I get the FTP adress from Chris, I'd imagine that won't be until late tonight.
Yes, San Francisco is a beautiful city, and you're right I should go and get some Redwoods footage some time, but for today it'll just be a wedding.

Cheers

Michael Pappas June 28th, 2003 01:38 PM

Looking forward to it paul. As you had mentioned in another post Paul, At some point we should cordinate a res/color chart test if you don't have access to a DVX100.

Paul Check out this SkyDive that this guy posted; shot with JVC HD.

http://www.andrevideo.com/3D/AndreVideo3D.zip

Thread link:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274217

PS: I tried to send you an email Paul, but it didn't work. Can you send me the correct one.

Michael Pappas
Arrfilms@hotmail.com

Andre Jesmanowicz June 28th, 2003 04:29 PM

Yes guys, go to: http://www.andrevideo.com/3D/AndreVideo3D.zip and get 12 seconds of skydiving video. It's zipped mpeg2 file 28 MB long.

You can see this jump in 3D when you cover left eye with a dark glass. The 3D effect obtained with a GR_HD1 camcorder is based on the Pulfrich effect where one can convert motion parallax to normal stereo parallax. In the skydiving freefall, I had to circle around a formation to get motion parallax and then, on the ground everybody had to watch a video with the left eye covered by a sunglasses. In this, the first skydive of this type I made only one circle around a formation and it is how I showed it to skydivers with a small exception. I repeated it six times in raw using an editor with music playing continuously. So loop it yourself and have fun.

And if you like it, may be one of you send me an .ax filter to mux this file back to an mpeg2 transport stream so I can copy it back to the camcorder!

Obin Olson June 28th, 2003 06:36 PM

like totaly I wnat some FOOTAGE!

jsut bought a dvx100 was that a bad decision? it is not here yet and I could sell it ASAP as New before I open the box, I would LOVE to have somthing BETTER res then 640x480 but is this the thing? I shoot lots of tv spots with budgets from $1500-$10,000 in SD, would I have a good tool to SELL on a bigger budget spot with the HDcam? or is it to crappy for that? what is the use for it? can you produce stuff for DiscoveryHD and sell it really easy right now because they dont' have much to put on that channel yet? what is the deal? how can this camera make me more money ans well as get me a better pic quality?
thanks guys and PLEASEEEEE set some footage on a FTP for us all!!