A day of good results - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old July 10th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #16
Rextilleon

Joseph will be back. When things get a bit warm he usually departs---last time he was going to some unamed place to work on a script with an Academy Award winning writer (of course he wouldn't tell us who he was!) I suspect that his mode of transportation is a black helicopter and his final destination is area 51. Bon Voyage--take a couple of extra weeks1
Old July 11th, 2003, 10:30 AM   #17
Regular Crew

"if you buy one marla be sure to get the HD10, not the 1, the oversharpening destroys the picture quality in the hd1 (what i have and will probably trade up for the HD10 soon)."

Is there actually a difference in the picture quality between the HD1 and HD10? i thought they were the same. If this is true what is different that causes the oversharpening on the HD1. Is this like edge enhancement? I've seen clips from both cameras and I am not sure I can tell the difference and I am using a Dwin TV3 on an 8 ft screen to view.

I will probably purchase one of these soon but I am not sure if the HD10 is worth the almost $800 price difference. I can get the HD1 for about $2500 and the HD10 for $3300. Is the HD10 worth an extra $800? I don't think the added resolution of the viewfinder in the 10 would justify this difference but if there is truly a difference in picture quality it might. The camera will be only for amateur use.
Old July 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM   #18
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Raymond Krystof :

Doesn’t the LS-110 have component inputs? I’m also interested in this line of projectors. -->>>

The LS-110 has component inputs, but of course you still do get signal degradation. But I'm getting the sense from everybody (or I'm just deluding myself) that there is enough "HD-ness" left after the component conversion to make it still worth it.

The LS-110 is indeed very sweet. And of course the price continues to move south.

Now I have to decide how unethical I am. Do I try and pretend that the HD10 is an incredibly generous birthday present for my husband? Or do I 'fess up that the camera is for myself? ("But darling, I only got the camera so that I can record how handsome you look in your new birthday-present tube socks....")

By the way - now that we have established that the rules of shooting film must be followed to avoid "ghosting", can anyone recommend a nice "Rules of Shooting Film for Dummies" book or website? Not looking for a supercondensed version of a 4-year degree, I just want to be warned about the most bonehead of amatuer mistakes.

Do please respond to my post quickly - Condoleezza Rice is sending me to the Middle East solve the pesky PLO/Israeli problem, and I must stop and pick up Kofi Annan on the way...
Old July 13th, 2003, 11:58 PM   #19
Regular Crew

'rules of shooting film' should really be applied to everything that you want to be graceful and beautiful. 30p and 24p have just enough frames that the eye buys the movement but that it can easily be tracked. so of course its important to shoot accordingly...anyone who thinks its a fault of the camera should look to whoever is behind the camera first.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U