The Supervideo/Panasonic "HD" controversey continues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old July 11th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

The Supervideo/Panasonic "HD" controversey continues

For those of you following this interesting bit, here's a new twist. I received this email from someone "partnering" with Supervideo. I don't think it calls the Black Mamba an "HD" camera any more.

"theMXSource, in cooperation with the SuperVideo web site, is pleased
to offer our July special. It consists of the Pana 3 CCD Black Mamba
complete package which includes shipping, handling, customs and all
accessories as listed for one price.

The Black Mamba MX7000 next generation miniDV camcorder
system, ships complete with A/C adapter with Dual Battery
charger, Deluxe Battery, 32 button remote, wired remote to
allow marrying into the camcorder controls from your own
tripod control arm, strap, CD Pana video editing disk with
16MB Flash Memory card for it's built in cam Reader/Writer,
English Owner's Manual on CD-Rom , Quick Start, and Remote
Template Sheet. USB 2.0 connecting cables and A/V cables are
also included.

The INCLUDED special promotional items are the new double-depth Under
Water/Storage/Transporter/All Weather Crystal Clear Housing,
The anamorphic Pana MX wide angle lens with carrying pouch, the
super extended play 9 Hour waist battery that makes the cam
weight even lighter. Also included in July ONLY is a dual-lens
Pana MX Filter kit.

The unit will be tested prior to shipment and will be HOT and ready
to run right from the box with FedEX 2 day shipping & insurance.
Everything is included not for $2999 but $2499 during this special promotion.

If you would like to place an order for delivery this month, please
complete the order form here:

https://ssl.tbc.net/classicpumps/manform.htm

Quantities are limited.

This email was sent to you because you expressed an interest in theMXSource
MX7000 package. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list just
hit reply in your email program and make the subject line REMOVE.

Walt & Warren
theMXSource Team"

heath
Old July 11th, 2003, 08:44 PM   #2
Outer Circle

My reply is only meant for those who might think there is such a cam called the MX7000. So nothing personal...

Read my lips: there is no such thing as the MX7000. There is a GS100K, a silver and a black version. They sell for about $1299 US. Also, it is not a HD cam. Read the lengthy GS100 thread on our MX Forum for complete information. Allan did a real fine job with his review. One female member from Hawaii bought one. She's posted on that thread as well.
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Heath, unfortunately the bozo who runs the site lives in our neck of the woods (Boca). He is all about hype and getting you to buy stuff from him.
He once posed as a lawyer on another forum to discredit others offering the mx5000 for a lot less. Thanks to Frank for exposing him.

Can not reccomend this guy to anyone.

Fun to read though, hehehe.

Really upsets me he plays up all the rah rah patriotic stuff just to get you to spend money. (Okay, I'm done venting now).
Old July 14th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Carney : Heath, unfortunately the bozo who runs the site lives in our neck of the woods (Boca). He is all about hype and getting you to buy stuff from him.
He once posed as a lawyer on another forum to discredit others offering the mx5000 for a lot less. Thanks to Frank for exposing him.

Can not reccomend this guy to anyone.

Fun to read though, hehehe.

Really upsets me he plays up all the rah rah patriotic stuff just to get you to spend money. (Okay, I'm done venting now). -->>>

That's always the case with these jerks...What can ya do? Maybe I'll forward his site to the FCC or something...False advertising.

heath
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:44 AM   #5
Trustee

The site is so obviously B.S. Why would anyone believe it? It looks like it could be a scam auction on ebay just in its tone and presentation.
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:06 AM   #6
Major Player

Devil's Advocate View about Supervideo.com

I've been following supervideo.com for nearly 6 years now, and I've learned a few points about taking the "Chuckmeister" with a HUGE grain of salt.

YES, the info on the site is often incomplete, outdated, inaccurate or just plain wrong. The updates are seemingly on a whim (like updating the exact same info for June July and August - in May!). I get the feeling he's a big-time egomaniac, as in "I know something that you don't - ha, ha". In addition, his site design is alternately horrendous and endlessly confusing, and his HTML skills are dubious, at best.

But...

Occasionally, the site throws these weird curveballs about things that I've never heard of, like the camera on this thread! How many of us first heard about the HD1 from supervideo? I did. If it weren't for supervideo, I would have never took the trip to CES in January to see this cam. I wouldn't have done my own research to find the Japanese sites months before JVC started pushing the HD1 / 10.

I actually purchased my VX2000 from one of the e-mail resellers from the site. It was Hunt's Photo & Video, and I got a decent deal and great service. I really don't believe that supervideo is out to rip anyone off, but you've just got to get past all the flaky stuff and, just like with anything, buyer beware. Do your own research and know what you're looking for.

I guess I just look at supervideo as mining for the occasional pearl in a sea of crap.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U