DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Hd Capture Utility (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/12877-hd-capture-utility.html)

Michael Hyun August 5th, 2003 12:14 PM

Hd Capture Utility

It seems that when you capture, rather than 1 large capture file, a separate file is created for each time you paused your recording.

While this is not a big problem, I've noticed that the shorter duration clips (under 2-3 seconds) are not captured at all.

Anyone else notice this?

Anyway around it?

Thanks.

Joe Russ August 5th, 2003 01:41 PM

yah, i had the same problem.....i guess you just make sure your clip is longer then a few seconds.....since it seems to cut off the first and last few seconds of each clip (leaving short clips overlooked entirely)

Sasha Froyland August 5th, 2003 09:34 PM

Have you ran into the case where you have recored say clip 1 in HD mode and say clip 2 in SD mode, you then use the HD Capture Utility which creates two files then you try to import them into a new project using the 'MPEG Edit Studio Pro LE' software that came with the camera only to get an error message when you try to add clip 2 because the video-Attribute is different then the project or the first clip? How do you get around this problem?

Sasha

Paul Mogg August 6th, 2003 11:03 AM

I would take a look at the new Womble editor, www.womble.com, I tried it briefly and it seemed much more reliable thant the Mpeg Studio software that came with the camera, and it's only $120. I will probably buy it myself shortly when I have time to get to some editing.

Sasha Froyland August 6th, 2003 11:28 AM

Thanks Paul. I'll check into it.
Sasha

Raymond Krystof August 6th, 2003 02:05 PM

>>>I've noticed that the shorter duration clips (under 2-3 seconds) are not captured at all.

Anyone else notice this?<<<

I think there is a warning about this in the user guide? However, I've noticed that the "on camera" edits truncate the audio about this same amount. Could it be that the editor is purposely designed to compensate for this by truncating the video to match? In any case, compensating for this trait during shooting seems to be the best bet.

Michael Hyun August 6th, 2003 08:47 PM

I saw a warning in the software installation packet, but not in the user guide (i don't recall).

I've also noticed a tendency for the HDcapture utility to skip some longer (>5 secs) clips as well. Anybody else notice this?

Has anybody tried any 3rd party capture programs for the PC?

Thanks.

Raymond Krystof August 7th, 2003 08:10 AM

I haven’t tried any other products as yet, but I do know the Cineform product “Aspect HD” comes with its own capture utility called “CF Capture”. Since Aspect HD seems to have been developed specifically for the HD1/HD10 it might be somewhat fine tuned to get around some of these idiosyncrasies? Cineform is offering a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee with the product when it comes out. As such I think I’ll give it a try when I know I’ll have some free time to properly check it out.

David Kennett August 7th, 2003 09:32 AM

Womble Editor

Tried to use Womble Editor as Paul suggested earlier. Apparently the trial is for MPG1 only - that does not help! I tried email (support@womble.com) and message was returned. So much for Womble.