DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Export back to camera with a Mac (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/13169-export-back-camera-mac.html)

Eric Bilodeau August 12th, 2003 02:00 PM

Export back to camera with a Mac

Hi guys,

I just got the HD10 to test it for a few days.

Using DVHSCap (from sdk17) I was able to capture without problem the footage. I was ALSO ABLE TO SEND IT BACK TO THE CAMERA WITHOUT PROBLEM even Paul's footages I downloaded a few weeks ago (wich have been re-compressed) appeared flawlessly on the HD10 though I was told there was no way back.

What I did was simple, as I saw that using the AV/C Devices program (that came with SDK17) the input channel selected automatically by the program was 63 but the output was 0, I set them both manually to 63, reconnected them both and voila... You can re-send back to the HD10.

I still need a program to demux the files though for me to work on FCP.

I find that this camera might just be my new weapon of choice...

(By the way for the guys who wanted to know about the mattebox included on the canadian model, the company that manufactures it is CAVISION)

Eric Bilodeau

Steve Mullen August 12th, 2003 02:38 PM

Looks like you might have found the key to why the HD10 refuses to record from DVHScap.

But, what did DVHScap do BEFORE you changed the Output Channel to 63?

In my experience, the camera gives a "Can't Record" message. However, it does convert the FireWire input to analog component so I could see the video play from DVHScap output. It seems strange to me that it would accept video if the channel address was wrong.

Moreover, if it were as simple as the wrong address -- I would not be able to record some files and not others.

Specifically, I can easily record captured files but I cannot record files encoded by the Hueris encoder.

Are you sure Paul re-encoded the files?

What software did Paul use to re-encode?

Others should check their HD10 with the AVS program.

Perhaps when the HD10's 1394 port menu setting is set to SOFTWARE it may default to 0 which you then set via software to 63. Conversly, if the menu is set to SWITCH, it might be preset to 63. Which way is your HD10's menu set?

By the way, DVHS settings are:

2 input ports -- both at 63.

(I assume one is DV25 and the other MPEG-2.)

1 output port at 63.

In short, I'm not sure you've yet found the full solution.

Eric Bilodeau August 12th, 2003 02:42 PM

I am sure Paul re-compressed since his name is written on the footage :)

Anyway the solution works for me.

Good thing I can export it back, it was a major issue for me.

Eric

Eric Bilodeau August 12th, 2003 02:50 PM

My ilink OUT is SW (I didn't change anything)

Maybe we should ask Paul wich compressor he used...

I recorded it this time (last time I just tested the input) without any problems.

One thing though, there is some kind of an initialisation time when you export so there are dropped and omitted frames at the beginning so it might be wise to insert a 5 second black before the clip in the compression.

Eric

Steve Mullen August 12th, 2003 05:13 PM

Looks like the key is what encoder is used.

Heuris seems not to work.

Unfortunately, Paul used a PC not a Mac.

And, yes you need 5-10 seconds of black.