HD in UK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old August 13th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD in UK

Article in this month's "Essential HomeCinema" about the future of HD TV in the UK. The bottom line is that there are no current plans, so it will be a very long before it happens. Nevertheless JVC are going to release HD TVs here, so possibly we may see HD videocameras.
Patrick
Old August 13th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #2
Major Player

That's a shame, being from the UK originally myself I'm sort of dissapointed that people over there haven't demaded it Is it the lack of competition in TV channels maybe? I guess unless you see it you don't know what you're missing.
Old August 13th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #3
Wrangler

The TV industry are gearing up towards it. Although it won't appear tomorrow!!!

At the production show there were various high end editors which were using HD - Avid etc.

I expect more to be announced at IBC in September.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 13th, 2003, 02:57 PM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

I read an interview how they used old HD rigs (in trucks) to shoot with new HD cameras a ballet for Japanese TV. The HD rigs and production house was UK-based. These old HD rigs were like portable ENG units that were from the early 90s, but like I said, new HD cameras and I'm sure, new HD reel-to-reels. I can't remember the magazine, maybe DV or Film and Video?

heath
Old August 15th, 2003, 04:42 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The first european HD channel, Euro1080 expects to start broadcasting in January 2004. It will be pre-launched at IBC and wil broadcast in 1080/50i.

The real question is, who will be watching?

At least we can be sure there will be more HDTV sets sold in Europe. The technology is there (although still costly), all we need is content.

Euro1080 could pave the way by broadcasting such high profile events as the 2004 Olympics and the Euro 2004. Blue Laser HD DVDs should also be a strong incentive.

Euro1080 also plans on broadcasting special events directly to HD equipped cinemas.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 09:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

GRPD1 is apparently not HD size.

It records 625/25P, 625/50P but not 720P. Details are scarce though. They've announced the camera but I can't find when the release date is. Let's hope it's not a downgraded camera.
Old August 24th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #7
Trustee

625/25P, 625/50P might be ideal for those looking to convert to 24p. Depending if the full 625 is used it might be very close to the 720p(which we know is not fully used)
I assume they would be using the mpeg not Dv compression. I am really curious on how this camera plays out!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U