Full res stills anywhere? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old August 29th, 2003, 12:41 AM   #1
New Boot

Full res stills anywhere?

Im thinking of purchasing this camera and I would sorely love to see some stills at full 1280x720 of a focus chart that has been manually focused on. I want to see what the best it can do is (as I primarily intend to use it, at least initially, as a telecine capture device). Does anyone have any single frame captures available anywhere?
Old August 29th, 2003, 02:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

uhm.......everything you asked for is right here on the site.

try

http://www.dvinfo.net/jvc/media/

the screens are there
Old August 29th, 2003, 11:36 AM   #3
New Boot

I've been searching this site for like 3 days now, and never found a reference to that. D'oh! Is it linked on the main pages somewhere?

Anyone know if these are from the GR-HD1 or the JY-HD10 ? Or if im guessing, the IkeTest image is from the HD1 and the JVC TestChartStill is from the 10? [damn the edge enhancement!] There has to be a way to reflash the firmware of the HD1 to the HD10, or somehow toggle that parameter. Comon JVC engineer types, leak the secret voodoo please! I'll buy you a beer, heck a keg! :)
Old August 29th, 2003, 12:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles Henrich : I've been searching this site for like 3 days now, and never found a reference to that. D'oh! Is it linked on the main pages somewhere?

Anyone know if these are from the GR-HD1 or the JY-HD10 ? Or if im guessing, the IkeTest image is from the HD1 and the JVC TestChartStill is from the 10? [damn the edge enhancement!] There has to be a way to reflash the firmware of the HD1 to the HD10, or somehow toggle that parameter. Comon JVC engineer types, leak the secret voodoo please! I'll buy you a beer, heck a keg! :) -->>>

the ike shots are from an ikegami sd camera. the other resolution charts are from an hd10u (courtesy of paul mogg i believe)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U