DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   i'm wondering where (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/13887-im-wondering-where.html)

Zach Remore August 29th, 2003 01:55 PM

i'm wondering where

i'm wondering where in vancouver i may have a look at this new amazing HD camcorder. i have no intention of buying one because i have everything i need for my big brazilian beach babe adventure in a few weeks. i just want to go see one. Where in vancouver can i see one? Is it a good camcorder? Is it better than that 24 p from panasonic?

Frank Granovski August 29th, 2003 02:17 PM

You're not gone yet? Isn't the PO going on strike soon?

I saw one at the Future Shop on West Broadway, 1 block west of Burrard. They have it on display, but no there knows how to operate the switch for the different shooting modes. Also, before they will allow you to hook it up to a wide screen TV, you will first have to buy the cam and buy the wide screen TV. The salesman told me that this JVC works best with any JVC brand wide screen TV. Strange.

I'll phone around to see if there are any other Vancouver dealers who will allow you to try one with out actually buying it first.

Quote:

Is it a good camcorder? Is it better than that 24 p from panasonic?
DV Magazine gave the DVX100 a rating of 4.5 out of 5. That's pretty high. DV Magazine nor Adam Wilt have yet to publish a review on either of these JVC 1 chip HD cams.

Good luck with the trip.

Frank Granovski August 29th, 2003 03:09 PM

I just called JVC Canada in Richmond, BC. They told me that Future Shop on Broadway has one on display, A&B Sound in Winnipeg has one which may or may not be on display (Winnipeg is like 1800 miles east of Vancouver), and that Multiple Electronics (a Chinese store, JVC told me) bought a display model, which may or may not be on display. Multiple Electronics is on Victoria Drive, or so JVC told me. JVC Canada also told me that they have not heard of the pro model. Good luck!

Darren Kelly August 29th, 2003 03:45 PM

Contact Mick Smith at commercial electronics. 604-669-5525 he has one and knows how to demo it, unlike the clowns at Future shop.

Don't waste his time though if you are not going to buy it. Go to future shop instead.

DBK

Frank Granovski August 29th, 2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Don't waste his time though if you are not going to buy it.
I don't buy everything I look at or have demo'd for me. This is poor market practice if you have to buy something each and every time you try it.

Zach, Commercial Electronics is on the west side of Burrard, 1 block north of the Burrard bridge. They seem to be a good dealer. I've bought there before.

Darren Kelly August 29th, 2003 05:05 PM

Frank,

I agree you have a right to look at things without buying it, but if you have no intention of possibly buying the item, then it's not good manners to waste salespeoples' time. I would love to drive a Porche for an afternoon, but I would consider it a waste of the dealer's time to go in and lead some sales person into believing that I might be going to buy the item.

The name of the fellow I gave out is a professional products sales person, and not some guy on the floor who you can demand his time for an hour or so.

What do you do Frank, perhaps I can waste some of your time? :)

DBK

Frank Granovski August 29th, 2003 07:44 PM

Darren, if I were a salesman, I'd be as helpful as I could. Why? Because it comes with the job. Helpful = sales. What do I do? Read my wrangler profile---and, yes, people waste my time, but it comes with the territory. On another note, I was trying to get Bif Naked downtown this late afternoon, but I only had my SLR with a 50mm. (Granville, across from London Drugs.)