DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   LANC or any type of zoom controler (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/14650-lanc-any-type-zoom-controler.html)

George A. Ross September 17th, 2003 11:43 AM

LANC or any type of zoom controler

Does the camera have an LANC or any type of zoom controller? I did a search that said, no. I find this hard to believe.

Eric Bilodeau September 17th, 2003 11:57 AM

I did not find any lanc on the HD10, but then I was not searching for one, maybe a thorough search would be needed.

Paul Mogg September 17th, 2003 11:59 AM

Isn't it that only Canon and Sony support Lanc? There isn't one on the JVC.

George A. Ross September 17th, 2003 01:14 PM

I thought some sort of remote was standard on pro level camcorders. Perhaps I'm wrong. I've owned Sony & Panasonic & they both had remotes, Sony used LANC & Panasonic has a newer type.

Steve Mullen September 17th, 2003 03:44 PM

Re: LANC or any type of zoom controler

<<<-- Originally posted by Utahbound : Does the camera have an LANC or any type of zoom controller? I did a search that said, no. I find this hard to believe. -->>>

Why?

LANC is a Sony design also used by Canon.

Ken Hodson September 17th, 2003 05:13 PM

Jlip on JVC isn't it called. I believe JVC are all alone with their standard. Does the camera have one of these?
I did a lot of searching for this befor and it was hard to get much info. JVC does sell a Jlip cable and I do recall software being available, but you would have to know some programing and some specific info on the camera that JVC might not give out, to make it of any use.
ken

Darren Kelly September 17th, 2003 05:49 PM

It does not have any control on it.

I guess, if you need control, it will be through a firewire cable, and that would be deck control. No zoom controller is available for it.

Cheers

DBK

Ken Hodson September 17th, 2003 05:59 PM

That sucks. Does it not have a seperate remote controll pad? Even my old 1 chip JVC DV had a remote.
ken

Darren Kelly September 17th, 2003 06:05 PM

It comes with a remote which you could use I guess.

A little difficult to hold the remote and do a pan and tilt at the same time though.

DBK

Ken Hodson September 17th, 2003 06:58 PM

True enough. You could mount the remote on the pan and tilt console and run it all from there. What kind of range/reception does the remote get you?
ken

Alex Raskin September 28th, 2003 11:31 AM

I don't think either Hd1 or HD10 has any wired remotes. I also do agree that this sucks big time. Varizoom's LANC for Sony VX2000 has been a huge help. Being able to control both focus and zoom without touching the camera body is very important.

Also, what do you do when the camera is mounted on a crane? Bummer.

It does have a little wireless remote, but it's a joke - do not waste your time thinking you can use it reliably. Plus it only controls zoom but not focus, to my knowledge. Plus cam's IR sensor is located at the FRONT alongside the lens...

I'd seriously hope that next generation of these cams will feature a LANC-type wired, variable speed focus/zoom plus rec-stop/wake up remote. It is a handicap for JVC HD not to have such basic necessity.

Ken Hodson September 28th, 2003 12:26 PM

JVC used to offer Jlip packs for their older cameras. I hope a solution is put forth. What about the big JVC DV cams -500/700.
Do they have any remote controll options? They must have something available considering their market. Maybe the same setup will work on the JVC. Even if I have to use a pc to controll it through software (like varizoom but you use a keyboard) I would be happy.
ken