Recommendation for a digitizing deck? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old September 18th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Trustee

Recommendation for a digitizing deck?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there is digitizing with a deck? I just got the word we can buy a new deck. I believe that the JVC Mini-DV's will play out of any standard machine? It would make sense since I've been digitizing PD150 tapes through a cheapo $700 Mini-DV camera for the last year.

My needs are the ability to play:

Mini-DV, full-size DVCAM and of course Mini-DV from the JVC HD10U.

It doesn't need to record and my price range is $2000.

Thanks!

Chris
Old September 18th, 2003, 01:17 PM   #2
Major Player

There is no mini-dv deck (yet) that I know of will play the MPEG2-TS HD from the mini dv tapes recorded on by the HD1OU in that format. If you record in 480i DV SD format using the camera they should play back in any DV capable mini-dv deck. For recording the MPEG-2 TS HD signal digitally, you need a D-VHS deck like the JVC HM300000 which can be had for about $430 right now.
Old September 18th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Paul.

That's not bad considering that I have a standard DVCAM/Mini-DV playback deck for a Final Cut Pro 4 system - and it cost $1800!

Chris
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:31 PM   #4
New Boot

D-VHS

I got mine from Ecost.com........about 450, which is not too bad, and makes a good home recording deck too, which can control a cable box.

Only problem is that you can only record in HD from the firewire port.........so only from the hd1 or hd10 camera or from a PC........most cable boxes and SAT boxes do not have firewire, I think.
Old September 18th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #5
Major Player

I use mine also as an OTA (Over the air) HD recorder, recording from a Samsung Sir T-165 HD reciever, which is incredible, direct firewire connection between them both, many PC HD reciever cards also have firewire output I believe.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U