DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Has anyone bought a D-VHS deck? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/15319-has-anyone-bought-d-vhs-deck.html)

Heath McKnight October 3rd, 2003 09:29 PM

Has anyone bought a D-VHS deck?

Every time I go to any local electronics (or even department stores) and no one in the greater Palm Beach County, Florida area have it in stock. And they can't special order to the stores, only allegedly delivered to my house. Huh...What's weird is the their warehouses all say they have around 50 in stock. So why not ship to the stores? Too low of a demand? Why can't they special order to the stores, only to homes? (Is there a problem with the deck? It's been out for a while...)

All I know is, they're probably ordering it directly from JVC. But, like in April, the store clerks are confused as to why this thing isn't really in stock anywhere, though theoretically it's available in the warehouses...In theory.

heath

Steve Mullen October 3rd, 2003 09:38 PM

Why would you go to a store when you can order on-line?

Macmall may have a few 30000 for $300. Otherwise go to Crutchfield for a 40000.

Heath McKnight October 3rd, 2003 09:40 PM

I was just curious why it wasn't in stores. I'd never buy it from there.

$300? REALLY?!

heath

Alex Raskin October 3rd, 2003 09:48 PM

dh30000 refurbished was $299 on eCost.com recently.

I got mine brand new at B&H (BHPHOTO.COM) for just under $500.

Darren Kelly October 4th, 2003 02:52 PM

I bought one from ecost for $299, it arrived earlier this week. I have seen them in stores such as Bestbuy and Circuit city and GoodGuys. Those are all on the West Coast, I'm not sure if they are also Eastern Chains (Bestbuy is I think)

On the upcoming Jumpstart DVD, we'll show you how to output from the mac and PC to the DVHS decks.

Cheers

Gints Klimanis December 17th, 2003 04:01 PM

I received my H30000U D-VHSfrom B&H yesterday. I bought the heavy duty component cables (6' in length) for $15. Wow ! The retail stores sell those cables for $60. Some mail order places just ream you on cables and shipping charges. B&H didn't.

I purchased this unit to for it's s-video I/O and
rock solid freeze and step frame capabilities on VHS. Even though I checked this unit out at the store on my exact model of TV, I wasn't expecting an improvement in VHS playback. In A/B comparisons of the same VHS tape with my $100 sharp VHS deck, the H30000U really does a great job of reducing noise with its "3DNR" switch. I never knew VHS could look this good. The animation around high contrast highlights (white highlights on black leather jackets) . Originally, I blamed my Sony WEGA 40" line doubler for making VHS look terrible. It's obvious that the front panel 3DNR switch is the key.