how to avoid video shearing - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old October 31st, 2003, 01:06 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tips guys, guess we're just going to have to keep practicing with this fussy little camera to get good results. Its sad but we're finding we have to use our XL1s as back ups because this camera is so difficult to predict on the results.
Old October 31st, 2003, 01:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Why is strobing such an issue? I though everyone wanted film characteristics. What I need some help with is this 24p stuff why would anyone want to shoot video at 24 fps? Do they really think there going to film, but saving money on a $4k cam?

Best advice would be to change angles alot, use cuts. Or as Alex said before track your subject. I don't care about background smearing myself, I love a good track shot.

I would like to know how you intend to use a XL1 for backup? Are you shooting in DV mode, or twice?
Old October 31st, 2003, 07:25 PM   #18
Regular Crew

hehe, well using our XL1 as back up I mean...if the HD footage is garbage, we give the client only DV. We actually only promise DV right now, and if can get it HD, then great. Its just not very reliable unless you can control the lighting conditions. Both cameras shoot at the same time. (We usually use 2 XL1s and a back up GL1, but now have switched to an XL1 and HD10). I highly doubt we'll ever switch to 2 HD10s. This camera just can't do the range the other DV cameras can do. We'll wait for the next HD camera, but until then this will have to do.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U