DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Sundance & 175 theatres w/HD projectors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/16417-sundance-175-theatres-w-hd-projectors.html)

Frederic Lumiere October 29th, 2003 06:59 PM

Sundance & 175 theatres w/HD projectors

In the latest DV Mag. there is an article on HD and it is mentioned that Sundance is now accepting digital 720P for projection! That's excellent. I remember the time when you couldn't go to Sundance because you couldn't afford the $10K to $15K to blow your video to film.

The article is also mentioning that Microsoft is working with 175 landmark theatre to accept WM9 HD.

Forget about the 720p to 24p Film conversion issues!

...I'm going to miss film :(

Brad Hawkins October 29th, 2003 09:32 PM

Post magazine reported that there are currently only 89 HD theaters in the US, I wonder where DV Mag got the number 175. I'm not saying DV Mag is wrong, I'm just wondering which number is correct. Maybe the 175 is how many theaters Landmark intends to have converted by a certain date.

Either way it is great news. We all know that the digital conversion is going to happen, and it has only been a question of when, but with this news it sounds like it is happening soon rather than later.

Mike Eby October 30th, 2003 02:56 PM

Make that 90 theaters!

<<<-- Originally posted by Brad Hawkins : Post magazine reported that there are currently only 89 HD theaters in the US,-->>>

Make that 90 theaters!

I will welcome anyone that whats to see their film in my theater. I will even supply the popcorn. :)

Mike

Heath McKnight October 30th, 2003 11:27 PM

Re: Make that 90 theaters!

<<<-- Originally posted by Mike Eby : <<<-- Originally posted by Brad Hawkins : Post magazine reported that there are currently only 89 HD theaters in the US,-->>>

Make that 90 theaters!

I will welcome anyone that whats to see their film in my theater. I will even supply the popcorn. :)

Mike -->>>

You're my hero. Where in Indiana are you located (geographically)? I have family in Newburgh. Now, SKYE FALLING, my film I shamelessly plug on these boards, isn't on HD (hey, we did it in 1999 when XL-1 cameras were scoffed at), but a little screening up there would rule.

heath

Mike Eby November 1st, 2003 12:35 AM

Re: Re: Make that 90 theaters!

<<<-- Originally posted by Heath McKnight :
You're my hero. Where in Indiana are you located (geographically)? I have family in Newburgh. Now, SKYE FALLING, my film I shamelessly plug on these boards, isn't on HD (hey, we did it in 1999 when XL-1 cameras were scoffed at), but a little screening up there would rule.

heath -->>>

I am up north near South Bend. I am not sure where Newburgh is.

Mike

Heath McKnight November 1st, 2003 09:43 AM

Too far south...

But on a different note, my TV station, based 300 miles or so southeast of Tallahassee, is helping produce some stuff for the FSU-ND game. No idea why we're doing that, since FSU is so far away from us.

heath