Exhibition? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old November 7th, 2003, 04:59 AM   #16
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Lisa Lee : Combine that with a nice Stewart Firehawk screen or a Da-lite high contrast cinema screen and you'll love the results.
-->>>

Any suggestions on a screen? I notice that Stewart makes their Automatic Vertical Screen and Da-Lite makes their Deluxe Insta-Theater in 4:3 video format only. Not to be goofy about it, but if I'm screening 720P at 16:9 I hate the idea of having blank white screen sandwiching the image. It's not like having black letterboxing.

BTW Heath, I moved here from Tampa. We just started "winter" here in the Bay Area. That means cold rain for three months. Enjoy Palm Beach and smile when you think about our traffic, real estate prices, rainy winter and new governor. ;-)

-Rob (taking his nine credit hours of mandatory "Segment III" courses in the beauty of human diversity and wondering if this state is for real)
Old November 7th, 2003, 11:41 AM   #17
Regular Crew

It depends whether or not you want a screen that electronically drops down or you want it permanently mounted. Stewart has many many custom options as does Da Lite. You could have it 16:9 with a 4:3 matte, so you always have black borders no matter what. I would recommend only a 16:9 screen, and get a 4:3 matte if you plan to watch regular TV on your projector.

We like the perma mounted screens because the ones that roll down tend to wrinkle occassionally. So, ours is the high contrast cinema 16:9 mounted on the wall...but it depends how much space you have and whether or not you plan on it being portable.

Since there are so many screen options, I would recommend giving the guys over at www.avsforum.com a call, their prices are extremely reasonable and they know what they are talking about. We bought our screen from them and the projector directly from the boxlight company. The guys that run the AVSforum website have their website at
http://www.avscience.com/

If you want specific information on the latest screen technology, head over to the avsforum and look under front projector screens. In the past year, they have developed a lot of new technology in screens that allow for better viewing angles, better black levels, etc. You can often post what projector you plan to purchase and people there will recommend various screens for you. The screen you pick is extrememly important, so don't be afraid to plop down some serious money for a good one. Most people new to front projectors neglect factoring in to their decision buying a good screen. And, lastly, I would recommend picking a screen that will suffice for years to come, because most people who use front projectors end up upgrading the FP but keep the same screen.
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:06 PM   #18
MPS Digital Studios

It sucked, weather-wise, yesterday and the past few days in West Palm Beach, but today is nice, clear as a bell. Which REALLY makes me wish I had the HD10.

Have fun with the exhibitions and KEEP US INFORMED!

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U