JY-HD10 in new Discovery Channel Series at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old December 14th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JY-HD10 in new Discovery Channel Series

Just wanted to post it for those interested. I have used one of my HD10's on a new series airing next year from the creators of 'American Chopper' for several B roll and interview shots. Just thought a few people might be interested in hearing that this "horrible" by some, "beautiful" by others camera has been officially used on a broadcast television show and with no problems with lighting, etc. The interviews that were shot using it were an outdoor sitdown with trees and a blue skyline in the background..using proper lighting there was not a trace of blow out (no artificial light was used, all sun and bounce cards, etc.). The other shot is an indoor shot, again using bounce cards and available light (the building has a large glass front). I'll let people know (if they are interested) what the show is and when it will air when the company releases the info about the show.

Mark Jervis
Old December 14th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

I thought Discovery itself hated the camera! America Chopper is one of my favorite shows, so I'm looking forward to a new show!

heath
Old December 15th, 2003, 11:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Mark,

Was this your HD10 or the Discovery channel's? Can't wait to see the footage. Please keep us informed as to the date and time when we can see this footage. Thanks for the info.

Clay
Old December 15th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

Let us know, Mark, when the new show is coming!

heath
Old December 15th, 2003, 11:16 AM   #5
Regular Crew

It was one of my 2 HD-10's. Unfortunately I soon as I shot the material it was sent to Van Nuys so I couldn't get any footage from the shoot to post.
Old December 16th, 2003, 07:56 AM   #6
Regular Crew

That is great news, we heard that discover channel wasn't allowing any footage shot with the HD10. Perhaps they have changed their opinion about the camera.
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:20 AM   #7
Regular Crew

As far as I know right now, Discovery HD isn't accepting any HD footage from this camera. My material was shot for the Discovery Channel...down rezed to 480i DV for broadcast use. Of course, Discovery HD will change their minds given time. How many people said MiniDV or DV period would never be a format for broadcast? No it outnumbers BetaSP in the broadcast market.

Mark Jervis
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:09 AM   #8
MPS Digital Studios

Mark,

That is the weirdest and perhaps not the smartest policy I've ever heard. Bizarre!

Thanks,

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U