theorical workflow ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old March 5th, 2004, 04:08 AM   #1
New Boot

theorical workflow ?

Hi everybody !

i'm a french guy (sorry for the bad english) working in postprod and i've been wondering about a new technique. I've been using it with my personnal DV camera and it showed very good results.
i'm going to buy a GR-HD1, i hope the result will be good with that cam too.
what do you think of it ?

here the deal (it only works with very high amount of light)

-while shooting (in HD mode) put the shutter in manual mode and switch it to the maximum value avaliable. (1/4000 on my DV). Of course you must also be sure not to have a too low exposure and take care of having no gain at all.
This will give you very sharp picture, with no motion blur at all, wich will be very helpfull in postproduction.

-do you camera move as steady as you can.

-aquire you're move and convert it to a full resolution loseless image sequence. (such as tga or tiff).
in the same time do an export of you're rush in DV so you can edit it in any movie software. (avid xpress pro was the one i had in mind)

-when you're editing is done, use the EDL an aplie it to a compositing software witch can read it and can also work in full def image sequence. (maybe C3 can do that but i'm not sure).
and export again your movie (in image sequence) without recalculating it (i mean only copy the image you need in another place, and rename it proprely.)

-now here is the post prod :
*deartifacting with magic bullet or 55mm after plugin.
*stabilise you're motion with furnace or any stabilisation tool (you should'nt have a probleme since you're movie does not have motion blur)
*color correct and mask aera to add optical blur if there isn't enought.
*do other post you need to add.
*finaly, add motion blur with and appropriate plugin (like reelsmart motion blur for exemple.)
*render

-go back to the editing process to link together all the render.

-retime (using twixtor) and resise the movie depending on what purpose it deserve (i mean for a film : full size and 24p, pal : resize and 50i, internet, ....)

it's only theory but do you think this will work as good as it is already with my personal camera ?

ps: all apologizes again for my bad english
Old March 18th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

Alexandre,

Why don't you post the editing questions here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=63

As for the camera questions, anyone care to field them?

heath
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:43 AM   #3
New Boot

moving thread

ok, can an administrator move this thread to the editing HD section ?

thank you by advance.
Old March 19th, 2004, 09:16 AM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

Alexandre,

No, don't worry about this post. Just copy the part about editing and put that in the HDV Editing thread.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U