HD10 or PDX-10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old April 26th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #1
Jeff Hudson

HD10 or PDX-10

Dear members,

Well, I think I have it narrowed down to the HD10 and the PDX-10.

My intended audience will likely be viewing on DVD and the web.

I am looking for a camera that will produce a clean, detailed, sharp image (not looking for film look)

I like the fact that they both do 16:9. But the HD10 has the edge in being true progressive.

I realize that neither are great in low light, but that won't be an issue for me.

Unfortunately I won't be able to try these cameras, so I was hoping some of you might have seen the picture delivered by these cameras.

Which one do you think will produce the better picture (based on my above critera) for my intended audience?

Thank you for your input,
Jeff

Old April 27th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'd like to know as well...however, seems not too many have HD camera, and maybe none have used both here...
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:03 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Love Mov,

Many of us here use the HD10 or HD1 on a daily basis, not all of us.

Please let us know what you mean.

Thanks,

heath
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Oops, I know my post is confusing...I mean, used pdx10 and HD1 or HD10...

Bacically, what's Jeff wants to know...

Well, but, after some study and downloaded HD1/HD10 clips, I think decision has been made: I will keep my pdx10.. HD1/HD10 has absolute high resolution, but this is the one win, all others(color, noise level etc), pdx10 is much better..sorry.

<<<-- Originally posted by Heath McKnight : Love Mov,

Many of us here use the HD10 or HD1 on a daily basis, not all of us.

Please let us know what you mean.

Thanks,

heath -->>>
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM   #5
Major Player

I'd suggest that rather than trying to compare the HD10's output via the minimal postings of user clips/captures from the camera; organize a demo via a local JVC supplier....and don't be afraid to ask to see the captured footage taken by the cam on a HD widescreen monitor (plasma or CRT).

Any person who would make a decision solely from the material available on the web is doing themselves and the manufacturers of any of this equipment a diservice....

Personally; I decided to buy the HD10 after demoing various SD cams (not the PDX-10... though I was aware of it...just didn't feel the resolution spec. cut the grade), and comparing the output to that of the HD equipment (HD STB - HD monitor and VisionPlus DTV-t card) that I already own.
Old May 1st, 2004, 09:30 AM   #6
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Crisdale : ...just didn't feel the resolution spec. cut the grade -->>>

The PDX-10 resolution spec is 530 horizontal lines. This is pretty much the limit for any type of D-25 and not a limitation of the PDX-10.
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:32 PM   #7
Barry Wan Kenobi

Exactly. The DV25 format can only record an absolute maximum of 540 horizontal lines.
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Now that I will answer this question by myself. I've finally placed HD10 order. Will see if I return it or sell my 1 month old PDX10....

Don't get me wrong, PDX10 is a great camera, my only compain is the soft picture in big projection screen (150"), so I hope HD10 will give me sharp image. Now I'm just hoping that HD10 has ok color...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U