HD10/HD1 the lowest price around at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 24th, 2004, 11:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD10/HD1 the lowest price around

i need to know the lowest price the owners of these cameras paid for them?

i really need to buy one of these, im trying some stores around the net, i just dont want to buy a 3k camera just for testing.

i was thinking of this store store.yahoo.com/royalcamera/jvcjyhhigdef.html

but i dont know if they are a good store, and the price is too low for the camera, only 2k.? so i dont know if its possible to buy one of these for this price...that's why im asking you people.

anyway, anyone wants to sell me a hd10 used?

ciao
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try eBay, bro. I didn't want to spend the $3gs either and I was lucky enough to find one there that was barely used and being sold by an honest guy. I got it at a very reasonable price.
Old June 24th, 2004, 09:16 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Try our sponsors page here!

heath
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #4
Regular Crew

scott

have you found a HD1 or HD10?

how much it was?

if i buy a HD1, is it possible to buy one of these pro audio adaptros with XLR inputs?

where?

ciao
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

You can buy one from Beachtek, but remember, it's UNBALANCED which means your sound could have hiss. I'd recommend buying an HD10 because it has less edge enhancement (which isn't good) and a DAT recorder to do your audio with a nice boom pole and shotgun mic.

heath
Old June 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

the edge is a big problem? i mean, whats the real problems about it?

when you say unbalanced, you mean i can´t see if the audio its too high and then maybe i can capture the audio with hiss?

ciao
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #7
Major Player

BEWARE of the cheap cheap dealers on the net !

I checked them out when I was shopping, and was glad I dd. They are cheaters.

Just do a goggle groups search on the company name, and see what people have to say! The stories are amazing.

I got my HD10 used from Ebay. A risk also, but feedbacks help.

-Les
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #8
Regular Crew

les,

how much you paid for the hd10 on ebay?

thanks

ciao
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #9
Major Player

$3200 with some extra stuff.

<<<-- Originally posted by Daniel Moloko : les,

how much you paid for the hd10 on ebay?

thanks

ciao -->>>
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:21 AM   #10
Regular Crew

just lucky

Hi Daniel,
I got the HD10 for about $2500 w/a nice case and some filters, a relative bargain. However, I made sure I talked to the owner on the phone to get a feel for how trustworthy he was, because you never know with some of the deals you see on eBay. I figure if the buyer is open to giving you their phone number and talking to you, that is a step in the right direction. And normally you can tell if you're dealing with a scumbag by what they say and how they say it.

scott
Old July 1st, 2004, 10:21 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Camera Dealers

Not to long ago I tried purchasing a "Discounted" camera from a company in New York somewhere, the price was almost $200 less then anywhere else (even ebay). Needless to say, there was a catch.

After placing the order online, there policy is to call you to “confirm” the order, while they confirmed it I spent literally 20 minutes turning down extra add-on items that were extremely over priced.

For instance, $90 for a generic UV filter, $70 for 4 AA rechargeable batteries, a $150 travel case. While I don’t mind buying quality items for what they are worth, I could tell they were buying the cheapest accessories and reselling for literally 5-10 times there cost. Needless to say, I refused them all, just to for the sales person to say they were out of stock, and to check back in a week.

After a week I called back wanting to know the status, and the same thing happened, I refused the over priced accessories again. He told me to call back as they were expecting a shipment in a few days.

Getting ticked off, and a little smarter, I called back that day from a different number, and pretended to want to buy a camera, and asked first if they had the particular model in stock, and how long it would take to receive it. He replied that it was in stock could have it shipped the same day, if I purchased right away with a credit card. Then I told him that I had an order on hold and that I was told that there was no stock earlier that day, he then admitted that they do not ship to anyone that refuses to buy there accessories, and asked me if I wanted any. After saying no again, he said they could not ship it, when I promptly told them to cancel my order.

After that heated phone call, I was already getting close to the deadline I needed to have the camera to me by, and ordered it from CDW, while it is a little more expensive, they have always shipped the same day for me.

I’ve had similar experiences since then, all with companies from Brooklyn or New York with extremely low camera prices, and high priced accessories. They like to advertise on the search engines that search by lowest price, and I have seen a few on ebay.

If your looking to go as cheap as possible, my advice is to buy slightly used from ebay, but not from a company that is selling many of the same item, after searching and waiting for a while on ebay I was able to get a hd1 for $1990. (slightly used)

- Sorry that was a bit long
Old July 1st, 2004, 12:23 PM   #12
MPS Digital Studios

Which is why we offer deals from our sponsors, found here.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U