DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Glad to finally find this forum! Many questions. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/29604-glad-finally-find-forum-many-questions.html)

Mark Paschke July 25th, 2004 06:29 PM

Glad to finally find this forum! Many questions.

Hello everyone.

I am a newbie to this forum, as well as the JY HD10u and CU- VH1 and I have been searching the net trying to find anything on this system and this site seems to have the right people and format for a simpleton like me to get some questions answered.

I have burned up two 63 minute tapes and still don't feel I know this camera well and after searching this forum I must have really dumb questions because no one else is asking them, or my search skills are horrible which is evident in my not finding this forum for several days.

1. Are 63 minute pro DV Tapes worth the double price?

2. Anybody use Vegas 5.0 and know how to render back to CU-VH1, I am at a total loss here and can find no MPEG2 TS as an option yet everyone else seems to be doing this ?

3. Do I convert 720P to 480P with CU-VH1 or Vegas 5? I want all HD Masters but would like to do DVDs as well for other folks who don't / won't buy HDTV equiptment until their 20 year old gear goes poof. I am not sure the CU-VH1 was a wise purchase because I am having little luck with the conversions it says it can handle like ALL to 1080i or ALL to 480P

4. Anyone found a secret to panning or bright sun, my HD10 seems to hate thse two things the most ( even very slow pans) I have tried what the manual says but it makes it worse. I bought some 52mm filters for this camera at a camera shop and I am not sure they are helping much ( UV and Polerize ) If they made a sunglasses filter I think this camera should have it attached permanately as I am having little luck with F-Stops and such.

5. I bought an Sennhieser ME066 mic for this and am wondering if there is a decent way to turn it down a bit or filter it down a bit ( in Vegas maybe) the directions I recieved with this mic were pretty vague and I think I am starting to see a trend in the equip. I have purchased, Its all for Pros that already know everything because getting answers ( that work) seems tough.

I have many questions but am I terrible typer as you can all tell , I would be willing to call someone and chat for 15 or 20, 30, 50, 120 minutes and even pay for their help ( even though I am sort of short on funds after this last weeks purchases, I could spare a little cash to get moving forward at a faster pace, self learning is fun but I have a project creeping up quickly and I want to be prepared)

I am truly sorry this is so long winded but trust me, this could go on for several pages I am sure and I swear I have searched for the answers but seem to come up short

Heath McKnight July 26th, 2004 01:55 PM

Some answers include going over and ordering a copy of the HDV Training DVD from Darren Kelly. That seems to help people out a lot.

As for your questions about editing, try our HDV Editing page.

heath

Paul St. Denis July 27th, 2004 11:59 AM

On the PC a cheap way is try womble for going back to transport streams, do a search for womble in the editing forum

Bryan Suthard July 27th, 2004 12:41 PM

Mark,

52mm Neutral density (ND) filters are the way to go, I have a 4x and an 8x for the exposure problems out in bright sun. I usually use one of those and a polarizer. I recently picked up a Tiffen color enhancing filter - can't wait to try it out to see what it does. So far doubling up filters has not created any image problems for me.

Experimentation and recording the settings you used for the results you get is the best way to find what works for you.

Bryan

Sten Newfield July 27th, 2004 04:20 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Bryan Suthard : So far doubling up filters has not created any image problems for me. -->>>

The only problem I've encountered while doubling filters is that on direct sunlight some black fabric, like black T-shirt for example, appears dark green. Could be related to cheapo Tiffen filters only.

Mark Paschke July 27th, 2004 06:31 PM

Thanks much guys, I am trying to locate ND filters now as well as building a custom carrying "bag" but after building a new CPU to handle this stuff , cash is getting real slim.

Building a 3.4 , raid rapture, top of the line motherboard, top quality 1 gig Ram and some tweaks really brought this into enjoyment FINALLY!