Puttin the HD1 to use at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old September 20th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #1
Tourist

Puttin the HD1 to use

For some more examples of the camera in action check out leontrackstar.com. i've been using the HD1 for a few months now for a variety of projects and I must say I am very pleased with what I can get out of it. The site will continue to be updated with projects utilizing the HD1 so feel free to check back.
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Are all the vids on your site done with the HD1?

Perhaps some of the posts here wondering how the HD1/10 would go with videoing concerts should check your site out!!

Of course they'd probably object to the smallish display resolution - which I assume is for file size/bandwidth reasons.

Nice stuff.....tastily edited......
Old September 21st, 2004, 12:26 PM   #3
Major Player

Matt,

Some of the footage looks stretched. Like it was shot in 4:3 and expanded to get a 16:9 image.

Was it shot on the HD1 in HD mode? Just curious.

Troy
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:36 PM   #4
Tourist

Everything was shot on on the HD1 in HD mode. The footage is stretched slightly on the site - a design choice more than anything. As noted before the websized video doesn't really do the camera justice, but my final output will be to DVD and that has been quite satisfying. We are looking into providing high quality clips online in the near future. As a side note the Hollywood 'Rumoz in Da Hood' video is getting rotation on an ATL music video show (Off Glass TV)... not sure but it might be one of the first cases of televised HD1 footage. Also if anyone is in the LA area with an HD1 and would be interested in being a camera B for some shoots (music vid/concert) drop me line. Thanks for the responses. I really feel this camera, despite the hoopla over new toys, is and will continue to be a legitamite option.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 11:36 AM   #5
Major Player

Matt,

Thanks for the info.

I usually do LA after Xmas and usually late spring early summer every year.

I'll drop you a line via email and maybe we can collaborate something if the timing is right.

Troy

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U