GR-PD1 (Pal version) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old October 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GR-PD1 (Pal version)

Can anyone help me find a place to buy the pal version gr-pd1 in the united states?

Thank you.
Old October 17th, 2004, 10:14 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

Hmmm, good question. you may have to order overseas. Check out JVC's international sites. Do a search on Google.

heath
Old October 18th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I've googled,
I've froogled,

I've looked up,
I've looked down.

Now I'm inside a Dr. Suess Rhyme :)
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:02 PM   #4
Trustee

Can I ask why your interest in this cam?
Old October 21st, 2004, 04:31 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The features it has - 25p & 16x9 would be really nice. There really isn't anything else on the market under $5,000 that has these 2 together or under $3,000 that has 25p 4:3;

I'm assuming the new sony hdv-fx1 & jvc's likely replacement will drive the cost down for this hopefully to $1,500 or so;

As far as use; I will be using this for green screen work.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 06:58 AM   #6
Major Player

There is no pal version of this camera, there is however software you can buy witch will convert the ntsc to pal. I saw it on the stand of JVC on the IBC last september. This means there is never going to be a PAL version

greetings

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
Old October 22nd, 2004, 07:34 AM   #7
MPS Digital Studios

There is a non-HD PAL version, but I would recommend converting from 720p to PAL, like David suggested.

heath
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:31 AM   #8
Trustee

David - There is and it is called the GR-PD1. Hence this thread. Although I agree with Heath. The HD10 converted to 25p would be prefered.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 05:11 AM   #9
Major Player

I am sorry, I was referring to the HD version, there is only a NTSC version of this camera. For this camera JVC developped alone or with another company special software so you can convert your HD signal to PAL. They have no plans for bringing a PAL version of this camera.

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
Old October 25th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Selling Pd1

Hello Jed,
I have a PD1 at the moment but im looking to sell it as I need to invest in a new workstation for my 3D stuff, I brought the Camera in March of this year and I have only used the heads for about 6 hours, its in mint condition, and i have also got all the original packaging. I am in London, UK and am looking to get £1,350.00 for it, I paid £2,100.00 for it new so am offering a substantial ammount off the price for an almost new camera. I only ever used the camera for shots involving 3D effects and animation, and its much nicer to use than interlaced footage for this kind of stuff. This camera, allthough not HD records SD with the full 625 scanlines, i believe none of the other 'Prosumer' cameras do this and is a great feature if you intend to master on beta/digibeta for SD delivery.

Best Wishes,
Sam Sharpe
Partner
Meerkat Design

www.meerkatdesign.com
Old October 28th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I know this isn't the forum for it, but you might want to check out the Canon Optura Xi.

It's an SD cam, but is has a very high resolution 1/3" 16/9 chip, and it has a mode (TV30) that does 30 frames per second progressive scan. I'm not quite sure how it's doing this, but I think it has something do do with the shutter running at half the normal 60fps thus allowing the camera to capture all the fields in progressive scan fashion.

On my HDTV I call this my "poor man's HD cam". The resolution is good enough that I think certain shots would intercut very well with the HD10U. Also there are no over sharpening, or edge enhancement issues.

I love mine. Might be worth checking out for under $1'000.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:25 AM   #12
Major Player

New blog about PD1.

http://jvcgr-pd1.blogspot.com/

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U