DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Anyone sell their HD10 or HD1? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/35515-anyone-sell-their-hd10-hd1.html)

Heath McKnight November 26th, 2004 09:37 AM

Anyone sell their HD10 or HD1?

I'm thinking about selling mine, and I'm just curious if anyone sold their HD10 or HD1 and for how much.

heath

Lynne Whelden November 30th, 2004 07:47 AM

I'm currently trying to sell mine on ebay. I first listed the HD10 along with CineForm's AspectHD for $2200 and it didn't move. Now it's at $1995 and we'll see what happens. Looks like a tough market these days...

Christopher C. Murphy November 30th, 2004 08:33 AM

I sold my HD10U

Hey Heath,

I sold mine on eBay for $3100 - a great deal for me. The trick is to include lots of "free extras". Although, the extras cost you money they don't need to be huge items. I included about $500 worth of extras (audio mixer, stock footage, on camera lights, etc), but I ended up getting about $500-800 more for the overall package deal. (I mean $500-800 above and the cost of extras.)

On eBay people eat up "FREE EXTRAS!" - it tends to move your main product quickly.

Oh, a very IMPORTANT side note....the guy who bought my package was a real "d*ck". I used eBay's auto fill in feature - you plug in the HD10U and it automatically gives you a template. Be sure you don't do that if you don't plan to include every single thing that came with the camera. The manual has a page with all the original contents...including every cord, connector etc. The guy threatened me (yes, he threatened me in email) because there were a few things missing...like a few BNC connectors!

My advise is to plug in what you are sending, and don't let eBay list it for you.

Murph

Heath McKnight November 30th, 2004 02:36 PM

Thanks, Murph! I may have a friend who will pay my lease every month until it's up, or drop the $2500 I owe.

heath

Christopher C. Murphy November 30th, 2004 04:54 PM

No prob Heath, I forgot to mention the guy lived near you! He was from Port St. Lucie (sp?) - I had to call the cops on him because of the threat. The police down there are nice....or should I say, nicer than up here!

Murph

Lynne Whelden November 30th, 2004 05:10 PM

Maybe that's where I went wrong. I listed in my ad all the things NOT included. Since I was the second owner, there were no longer any BNC adapters, core filters, audio and editing extension cables, nor even JVC's CD-ROM with their editing program. I DID mention the AspectHD as a bonus but like I said, nobody was impressed and no takers.

Christopher C. Murphy November 30th, 2004 05:31 PM

Lynne, just throw everything and the kitchen sink in. The list of stuff I included was stuff I could live without, but would definately benefit others just getting into the game. I threw in a few extra cables, a couple lights, stock footage, a power surge protector, a 10 pack of unused recordable CD-ROMS.....mostly stuff I had sitting around doing nothing. But, it added up to enough where someone bought it all.

Murph

Sten Newfield December 12th, 2004 05:15 PM

Hey, did you get any weird offers from Nigeria and/or users with no feedback? I've got a few offers to sell the camera outside the auction and well above the current bid, some of them didn't quite get past my BS detector. Just curious...

Lynne Whelden December 12th, 2004 05:40 PM

Now that you mention it, yeah, I've been getting hits and messages from Indonesia. Some guy who says he's buying for his client, can't use Paypal, do I want to end auction early....blah, blah.
I did throw in some extra stuff. We'll see if it works.

Christopher C. Murphy December 12th, 2004 06:16 PM

Sten and Lynne,

Watch out, all those guys are SCAMMERS. I had the same thing happen to me. This jerk bought my camera via "Buy It Now", and then proceeded to explain the same thing as you mentioned. My BS meter went nuts, and I reported the guy...but, of course that's useless.

The biggest pain in the ass of the whole thing is re-listing and trying to get a refund for the amount eBay takes. I did a lot of extra promotion on their site, so my costs were about $150. They refunded, but you have to read their policy carefully.

Anyway, hope that doesn't happen to you.

Murph

Lynne Whelden December 12th, 2004 08:35 PM

So I guess I'm lucky nobody's bought my camera??!!

Heath McKnight December 12th, 2004 10:19 PM

I won't offer BUY NOW on eBay when I list my HD10 soon.

heath

Christopher C. Murphy December 13th, 2004 06:29 AM

Yes, you are lucky a scammer didn't find it. It's easy for them to "Buy it Now" and eventually find some dummy to send them the item.

If you think about it...it's like fishing. The scammer casts out his line 100's or 1000's of times...and 1 out 1000 will send the item and trust the person. That's a pretty good incentive to a theif...you can rip people off while sitting in your underwear at home eating brownies.

Also, a note...it took me over a month to get my refund from eBay.

Murph

Sten Newfield December 13th, 2004 11:46 AM

Hahah, I guess the same guy from Indonesia is at it again. For what it's worth, if anyone's going to sell their camera, I can give you the user names to watch out for. Thanks guys for the warning, I'll be cautious =)

Heath McKnight December 13th, 2004 11:59 AM

Post it in the TOTEM!

heath