Lens solution for the HD1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old March 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #1
New Boot

Lens solution for the HD1

Most recommend a century optics 2x tele with a 58 to 52 ring. I haven't seen it yet but I know someone who is selling one for the vx2100/pd170 but with a bayonet mount. How can I make it work for the HD1 if possible.
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #2
New Boot

I also forgot to ask.

Can someone recomend me a telepoto and polorazer that would work for shooting surf.
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Matte Box

I might be mistaken, but my understanding is that the only way to use an additional lens with the Jyhd10 is with a Matte box.
Old April 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #4
Major Player

I haven't used a telephoto, but I've used 52mm->58mm step up + 58mm Wide Angle w/o problems (no vignetting). I see a number of 58mm Tele lenses that would work suitably.

But yeah, it's easier to use a Matte box (or Cokin A / P attachments).
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #5
New Boot

The only telephoto lens with a front mount thread that I can find is made by Raynox, model DCR-2020 Pro found at:

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr2020pro/index.htm

It mentions 260 lines/mm resolution power at center (MTF30%), whatever that means. It does have a front mount tread for filters, but I cant tell if is good enough for HD since I cant play with it here in Hawaii--everything has to be special order or online purchase. (Life on a rock is not easy). Century Optics dont provide front mount to my knowledge. Any suggestions?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U