DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   When is the new HD1 replacement (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/45962-when-new-hd1-replacement.html)

Wayne Morellini June 9th, 2005 08:46 AM

When is the new HD1 replacement

I heard the new HD1 replacement was to be announced around now, but nothing has come up, anybody know anything?

Thanks

Radek Svoboda June 10th, 2005 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini
I heard the new HD1 replacement was to be announced around now, but nothing has come up, anybody know anything?

Thanks

How about Sony HDR-HC1 / HVR-A1 as replacement? If JVC had replacement planned, with new Sony announcement, they may have lot of tweeking to do before they bring to market, like adding 60p. It is consumer camera, you can't expect consumers to pan at certain speed. JVC portion of HDV spec includes 720p60 at 19 Mbps, with GOP 6. That will be quite task.

Radek

Wayne Morellini June 10th, 2005 11:42 AM

There are a number of cameras that could have been introduced a year or year and half ago, so they have had plenty of time for tweaking. The issue with consumer cameras, is which has the best compromise you can live with, so I am waiting to see what they introduce, even $1000-$1500 in comparison. I am not happy with the interlace stuff on the Sony's.

Look forward to better one chip, maybe even another three chip model. If it comes down to $3.5K Pro Sony Single chip, or $3K 3 chip JVC with uncompressed out, then the choice would be interesting.

I have heard reports that the 720p has less movement artifacts than 1080i Sony's. As I am interested in uncompressed out, it doesn't matter so much.

Thanks

Radek Svoboda June 11th, 2005 10:41 AM

Deinterlace 1080i with best software, get half decent 1080p and excellent 720p.

Radek

Wayne Morellini June 11th, 2005 11:18 AM

Still, on friendly terms with local State PRO JVC distributor. I am not totally in favour of de-interlacing, and have other reasons for avoiding interlace. So, will ultimately come down to competition and capturing possibilities. Of course if everybody converted to digital cinema tomorrow, it would matter even less. Still waiting for hands on testing of the component on all models.

Wayne.

Ken Hodson June 12th, 2005 02:56 PM

Radek -"JVC portion of HDV spec includes 720p60 at 19 Mbps, with GOP 6."

Where do you get that info from? I have never seen any info like that. The 480p60 mode of the JVC cams uses a 12GOP, so I don't know how you figure double the rez and half the GOP. Not likely.

Radek Svoboda June 12th, 2005 04:40 PM

Ken,

Where did you get GOP of 12? I understood JVC's HDV is GOP 6. Resolution is the same at 30p and 60p.

Radek

Ken Hodson June 12th, 2005 05:31 PM

Had a quick search on this forum and found this thread where David Newman of Cineform outlines the GOP's. I would guess JVC's site also should have info as well. The GOP structure is essentialy the same as double the GOP and double the frames works out to the same GOP-per-second either way.

Radek Svoboda June 13th, 2005 04:28 AM

Ken,

Just because you double frame rate does not mean you double GOP. I could not find anywhere anything than GOP 6.

Radek

Ken Hodson June 13th, 2005 02:01 PM

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ghlight=12+gop

Well Radek, in this case it does ;>)
Here is the link I forgot to include. The GOP structure is common knowledge to those familiar with the cam. All of the specs were talked about inside and out when the cam was new and this forum was blazing.

Radek Svoboda June 13th, 2005 02:30 PM

Ken,

there used to be HDV Organization chart and I'm pretty sure was GOP 6, but I could be wrong. HD1/10 has GOP 12 but only at 480p60; there is no 720p60 on HD1/10.

Radek

Ken Hodson June 13th, 2005 04:31 PM

"but I could be wrong"

Ya, your wrong.

"there is no 720p60 on HD1/10."

Common knowledge. Who ever said there was?

Radek Svoboda June 13th, 2005 09:57 PM

http://www.adamwilt.com/HDV/ HDV uses long-GOP MPEG2 for video, with a 6-frame GOP for 720p and 12 to 15-frame GOP for 1080i.

Sorry, you're wrong and I never said HD1 is 60p.

I'm done, hate repeat myself.

Radek

Ken Hodson June 13th, 2005 11:27 PM

Radek I don't know if it is a language barrier or what, but there seems to be some form of lack of communication here.
I don't know what you are pointing out with your link, but I see no info on the 480p60 mode GOP. I gave you a link already from David Newman of Cineform AspectHD. If anyone knows the specifics of the cam it is him. I don't know why you have adopted the stance that somehow you can not be wrong, but you are.

Radek Svoboda June 14th, 2005 02:37 AM

Ken, let's just wait when 720p60 camera comes out, we'll know sure then. This is not really that big deal, 12 GPO give somewhat better results, that's all. Thanks for the link though. Radek