Will JVC refresh a camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Trustee

Will JVC refresh a camera?

Does JVC offer a service where a 10U can be sent in and checked, cleaned and "tuned" back to "new" status?
Thanks
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Steve, contact an authorized JVC service center using this link:

http://www.jvc.com/ascsearch/mqlocator.exe?link=index

Please let us know what they tell you. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old October 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Chris.
I called JVC's Service center in NJ but the automated system directs callers to "Authorized" 3rd party service providers. I was hoping to have JVC service it directly, I feel an "authorized" sc is just going to run a head cleaning tape through it and call it a day (at $65!)

I guess they all can't be like Canon!
Canon's NJ Service Center is awesome- super fast turnaround and "Officially" done!

Chris- I'm gonna give your link a whirl and see if they point me somewhere else- I want it serviced at JVC!
Old October 4th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #4
Trustee

I contacted JVC myself to find out if any upgrades were available for the HD10/1 (at my cost) concerning improved optics reported from users who had repairs done and new models sold. Other than a confirmation letter questioning whether my querry was for JVC pro or consumer to make sure it went to the correct department (despite HD-10 being in the subject line) I have recieved absolutly no reply.
I find it kind of funny, and kind of sad that a large corp. can choose to not reply to a paid custommer. The least they could do is respond, we are not talking about a candy bar here.
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #5
Trustee

It's ashame JVC has this reputation. I was aware of this reputation during the purchase but am hoping I never "NEED" servicing~ so far I just "want" maintenance done as a periodic precaution.

JVC is such an innovative company and often brings products to market before others- they were 1st on the scene with an HDV camcorder and 1st on scene with internal hd camcorders and again 1st to produce a 3CCD camcorder (Everio MC500) that records to hard drive and now the 1st to produce a 24p HDV camcorder (HD100).....if only their service was as innovative!
Even if their products aren't perfect 1st time out- they do produce innovations at affordable prices!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U