More JVC HD10U magic bullet footage downloads - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old March 14th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #16
Trustee

I have no experience with either. Just a HD10 user who has kept a keen eye on the current situation. As for the HD100 looking more video'ish, try lowering the sharpness. You won't loose resolution and it will give a much nicer look. The footage I have seen from the HD100 has just blown me away. Like a cleaner, slightly sharper HD10. Maybe I have just gained a preferance for JVC HD. HVX footage has impressed me at times, then disapointed in others. I have never had issue with HDV audio. Yes from a spec standpoint, it is inferior, but in real world usage it has never disapointed. I would venture to say that how and what the sound was recorded with (mics) would have a greater impact on the quality. Of course the HD100 has a large advantage over the HD10 as far as controlling the audio.
I always use AspectHD which intelligently upsamples to 4:2:2 then CC in After Effects at 16bit. I have been extreemly impressed with CC capability. I have never worked with HVX footage so I don't know how it compares.
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM   #17
Regular Crew

so I get my cam back..

Hey Erick,
Thought I'd let u know that I got my cam back. I go out this past weekend for a nice bout of shooting and this is what happens.
http://content.serveftp.net/video/renderTest/theMan.mpg
~7MB
:)
scott
Old March 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #18
Trustee

If you play with both the HVX and HD100 long enough, you'll decide quickly.

We've been testing the HVX and HD100 side by side. Let me just say I'm glad I purchased the HD100.

The HVX does have a lot of bells and whistles though....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U