Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old January 19th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #226
Regular Crew

Don't leave home without it

The UV/Haze filter should be the first purchase anyone makes when they buy a camera (digital, dv or traditional still camera). It protects the lens from water spray, dust, dirt, etc. and is a whole lot cheaper to replace than the lens.

Mickey Stroud
Old January 19th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #227
Major Player

Thanks gentlemen,

I'm on my way to purchase one right now!

Troy
Old January 22nd, 2004, 11:44 AM   #228
New Boot

wide angle for HD1/HD10

I want to get a wide adapter lens for my HD1 (which I use only for personal use).The primary reason for the wide anfle would be to capture more of the in-door scene (My first son is due in March and their may be many living room shots). I have done some searches and have figured out that Century probably has the best ones, but I had a few questions if any one can help:

1) will the wide angle lenses screw up auto-focus on the HD1?
2) will they effect the f-stop?
3) is the smaller size of the Century DS-55WA-58K and advantage or disadvantage (how does that work)?
4) would I be ok with a Kenko or Raynox - and if so which one should I go with (I'd like to pay as little as possible while still getting a decent lens, but would pay $250 for the Century mentioned above if that is what it takes to get a decent lens)?

Thanks for any advice that you can provide.
Old January 26th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #229
Regular Crew

Get the Century - they make the best possible glass. It will not effect your stop or image quality at all. razor sharp edge to edge. Focus is always critical with these cameras. I didn't find it hard with the Century on it though. AF works fine. I might be willing to sell mine. email me at steve@rccm.org
Old January 26th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #230
Tourist

Continuing on the wide angle for HD10 subject, I have the same need and was considering the Century DS-65CV-58 so as to not limit existing lens zoom. And, I really don't need the flip over fisheye capability of the DS-55WA-58, nor the extended .55X angle.

However, adding to the confusion is the 16:9 Widescreen Adapter lens (DS-1609-58). Is there some reason that I would or would not consider this lens? Since it is more expensive, I would just as soon have a reason not to consider it. But, I would like to purchase the best lens for the device.

Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #231
Regular Crew

Is there a JVC HD Camcorder Focus Group?

The engineers in Japan are slaving away on the next generation of the GR-HD1U/JY-HD10U. But what is guiding their design? What goals have they set? This leads me to wonder why a focus group hasn't been set up, of current jvc camcorder users, and their wish list for the next camcorder. Someone obviously has to provide JVC with a link to this forum, and tomorrow, history can be made.

I assume you want 24p, 3-ccds, manual focus, manual iris adjustment, and manual exposure speed, the last two of which can be locked. How big a camera would you accept, and what is your target price? Equally important, what are you willing to sacrifice to get the price under $4000?
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #232
Trustee

They have people out there complaining that we complain - that's all I can tell you.

If you're smart you'll keep your purchasing options open. We'll be hearing some hopefully good news by April 2004.

Murph
Old January 28th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #233
MPS Digital Studios

Murph,

Sometimes people can't keep their camera purchasing options open, and need one ASAP. But if you can wait, wait. I hear a lot of people in the HDV industry are expecting big announcements at NAB.

heath
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:01 PM   #234
Regular Crew

JVC battery will fit with what video light

Okay, just trying to save a few bucks, but I have like 7 JVC battery packs and was wondering if anyone knows of which portable on camera video light might fit with the JVC battery. I know sunpak lights fit with various sony and jvc batteries, but not sure if our HD10 JVC batteries would work. Thanks.
Old February 4th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #235
MPS Digital Studios

Hmmm. No answers; try calling JVC.

heath

ps-Anyone have any answers?
Old February 8th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #236
Major Player

JVC HD10 and Slow Dolly Shots

I've read a few articles where the reviewer of the HD10 mentions that one has to be careful with moving this camera during recording (One article says that it is best to keep this camera static at all times when shooting a digital movie.) My question is, can this camera be effectively used by slow moving dolly (or crane) shots? Is this a bad idea due to the automatic exposure? Thanks in advance.
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #237
Regular Crew

I have had no problems at all with using my HD10's on my crane. With proper setup and care you shouldn't have the problem with the dolly either.
Old February 12th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #238
Regular Crew

Just in case anyone else ever comes up with this question....there is no video light. I had to get the XL1 VL10i and use my XL1 batteries and hook it up to the hotshoe of the JVC. Can't wait for the XL2 HD cam...
Old February 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #239
MPS Digital Studios

Lisa,

The XL2 camera being HD is a rumor. We have a special post about the XL2 so rumors won't keep building:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=20346

Please read this before posting items like that up, so we don't get a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors.

heath
Old February 13th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #240
New Boot

JVC HD Event

If you’re interested in learning more about the JVC JY-HD10U and HD post production workflow solutions including Final Cut Pro 4, Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas Video 4, there’s a two-day hands-on JVC HD Event slated for March 13-14 at Hollywood Studio Rentals, 2400 West Olive Avenue Burbank, California. Most everyone’s aware that HDV technology enables record and playback of high definition video on consumer grade DV cassette tape. Join the curious minded skeptics plus keep up-to-date about this new and exciting technology and what impact it’s currently having on the industry at large. Event Fee $275. Early Bird Discount. For more info or to register Call (800) 525-5854 or Visit www.DVCamps.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U