Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old April 7th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #271
Trustee

Hd1/10 Lens Hood

Need a replacement Lens Hood for HD10 (HD1 is probably the same?)

Can't find the part number/supplier anywhere.

Help?
Old April 8th, 2004, 04:25 AM   #272
Regular Crew

I dont know of a PAL HD10 with or without the U the closest PAL model is the PD1, which I have, it's not HD just standard PAL res but it shoots progressive frames in the same MPEG2 ts format as the Hd1/HD10U. JVC are not bringing out a PAL HD10, untill next year by which time the 3 chip US/Japan models will be out - if these turn out to shoot 25p or 24p they can be used in PAL land too! JVC PRO UK sell the US HD10U, but it still is a 30fps HD mode.

The PD1 image is downsampled from 1280 X 659 pixels to 720 x 576 16:9 anamorphic ie 1.422 pixel aspect - If you are shooting SD then this model gives some very nice results, im very happy with it especially when comparing my SD footage with other DV cameras, Theres lots more clarity in fine details than with DV - I can see the rain!

I really dont like the look of any compression at all but I can put up with high bitrate MPEG2 MUCH MUCH more than DV 25!

Regards,

Sam Sharpe
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #273
MPS Digital Studios

Go to www.jvc.com and click on the Pro site, then find the HD10 and click on that. There should be a list of parts you can order.

Or call the number listed on your warranty card.

Hope this helps!

heath
Old April 8th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #274
Trustee

Thanks Heath, I found the lens hood for GR-HD1, which is supposedly the same as for HD10.

Surprisingly, this accessory is NOT available on JVC's pro site.

Go figure :)
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #275

Hard Disk Recording With JY-HD10?

Are there any products that allow a JY-HD10 user to record directly to hard disk?

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #276
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There are no mobile disk units yet as you see in the DV world. However, you can capture to directly to a PC while shoot using the FireWire output. A tad inconvient but it does work.
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #277

A hard disk-based field recording solution for the HD recording mode would be especially nice.

If anybody hears of such a development, please e-mail:

jerry@jonesgroup.net

Thanks,

Jerry Jones
Old April 14th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #278
Major Player

Verrrry Interesting!

I have a JVC 30k DVHS (to play m2t files), and just recently added a Samsung SIR-T165 OTA receiver with firewire. On a whim, I connected the HD10 to the 30k (firewire) and played an OTA tape (Men in Black, CBS Sunday nite). The HD10 VF said it could not decode the signal. Undaunted, I pressed HD10 record anyway. It said it was recording - but no pic or sound. I rewound, and lo and behold I could play the HD10 tape through firewire with the 30K decoding - 1080I to my Samsung HLN5065W!
Old April 15th, 2004, 07:58 AM   #279
MPS Digital Studios

With footage? Or none? I'm pretty sure you can transfer from the HD10 to the D-VHS.

Are you talking about going from the HD10 through the D-VHS and into a firewire-capable computer?

heath
Old April 15th, 2004, 08:27 AM   #280
Major Player

Heath,

No, I recorded a 1080I program off the air on the DVHS. I then copied a part of that program to the HD10 (even though the HD10 could not decode it). I then played the HD10 - still no decoding - but the DVHS (through firewire) decoded it fine - to HDTV.

My next step will be to see if the HD10 can be firewired to the tuner and record - and play back - broadcast HDTV WITHOUT DVHS machine. The tuner can completely control the DVHS (through firewire) and even initiate timer recording. If it does that, the HD10 could be a substitute for DVHS. The new companion HDV recorder-player might do this as well!
Old April 18th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #281
Regular Crew

1.5GB --> 240MB what do you think divx5+mp3

What do you think about the quality of this clip: encoded to about 3Mb/s 1280:720 resolution.
http://ottawa.hn.org/WEBSITES/john20040417_3mbs_divx5mp3.avi
(link will be available at around 3:30 am EST)
I know the camer shakes (like a lot) but the idea is to get your honest opinion on quality vs. bitrate.

Cheers.
Christopher
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:01 PM   #282
Major Player

Looked good, pretty artifact distraction free.
It does show how poor the stabilization of the JVC is. It needs either a tripod or steady cam mount.
The detail coupled with the motion made me queasy, literally.
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #283
Trustee

JVC at NAB?

Well, what happened? Haven't heard a thing.
Ken
Old April 19th, 2004, 01:38 AM   #284
Outer Circle

I haven't seen any JVC news here: http://www.nab.org, but NAB isn't over yet.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:36 PM   #285

Music to my ears:

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 19, 2004--FOCUS Enhancements, Inc.(NASDAQ SC: FCSE), a worldwide leader in video production and conversion technology, today announced that it has become a supporter of the high-definition video (HDV) format established by the HDV forum, which includes Canon, Sharp, Sony and JVC. Related to this development, FOCUS Enhancements will support JVC's JY-HD10U HD Camera and other future HDV format compatible cameras.

Michael Conway, senior vice president of marketing for FOCUS Enhancements, stated, "We are committed to creating multi-format and multi-resolution video production products and solutions from acquisition through presentation, or 'glass-to-glass.' Our team has achieved broad file-format support for our FireStore line of Direct To Edit™ (DTE) recorders. The HDV format is the next logical direction for the FireStore family, and FOCUS Enhancements is developing Acquisition, Storage, Processing, and Presentation technology and products that comply with the new HDV specifications."

Robert Mueller, executive vice president for JVC Professional Products Company, said, "The successful integration of FOCUS Enhancements' DTE Technology into JVC's professional line of digital video (DV) based camcorders has created for our customers additional time-saving benefits via non-linear editing (NLE) workflow. We welcome FOCUS Enhancements as an HDV supporter, and we are excited about FOCUS Enhancements supporting the JY-HD10U HD Camera and other future HDV format compatible cameras."

In August, 2003, FOCUS Enhancements began shipping the FireStore DR-DV5000 with DTE to JVC. This week at the National Association of Broadcasters Conference (NAB) in Las Vegas, the company will demonstrate HDV format recording and playback with JVC. In addition at the FOCUS Enhancements booth # SL3501, the company will conduct ongoing demos of the complete FireStore family including FS-1 Desktop DTE Recorder, FS-2 Studio DTE Recorder, FS-3 Camera Mount DTE Recorder, and the JVC DR-DV5000 DTE Recorder and the new FS-M Standard Definition MPEG Recorder.

http://www.focusinfo.com/company/pr_new/041904_hdv.htm

Jerry Jones

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U