Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old May 26th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #301
Trustee

52mm
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #302
Regular Crew

HD10 vs PDX10 final decision

This is very tough one, but I can't keep them both. I like so many things offered by PDX10, but I love the higher resolution of HD10 more. So long story short, the PDX10 is in the classfields.
Old May 29th, 2004, 10:22 AM   #303
MPS Digital Studios

Wow, congrats on the decision. Glad you made an educated one!

heath
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:13 PM   #304
Trustee

Hd10u Is Friggin Awesome.

Just wanted to say that for $3,000 I have an awesome camera that makes incredible moving images. I'm editing in Final Cut Pro (thanks to LumiereHD) and it's amazing...it looks like "a window outside". Those are my girlfriends words.

For all the crap we've endured with this camera...it was worth it. It's got an amazing image compared to all DV cameras....and I've used them all. (ok, most!)

Anyone have 100 megs of space I can borrow, so I can post a clip?

Murph
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:25 PM   #305
MPS Digital Studios

We do, if you can put it into a format that's easy to open and view. Contact Chris Hurd for more info.

heath
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:06 PM   #306
Regular Crew

Heath - I have some clips would like to post somewhere, even temporarily. I'd really like to get some opinions/suggestions regarding the photography.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:20 AM   #307
Regular Crew

Problems dubbing from VHS to the Camera

I am a UK GR-PD1 owner and I have been having problems trying to dub footage from a VHS deck to my PD1, I have been using the supplied S-Video/ Video and scart connector and have followed the instructions in the manual, but I get no picture on the lcd screen and when recording it just records black space and no video. I am using the scart connector with the yellow video cable to connect to the VHS, the manual states to connect all the leads to the scart connector (including S-Video) when connecting to a Scart equipped VHS deck, I have tried with both the S-video and Analog Video connected, with just analog video connected but with no success. Has anyone else managed to dub from VHS to their PD1/HD1/HD10U? If you have how did you connect up the camera?

I hope someone can help out with this, Need to get some stuff off VHS asap!

Thanks
Old June 2nd, 2004, 09:39 AM   #308
MPS Digital Studios

I always needed an analog to dv converter myself, but I may have been using an expensive and unneccessary middle man.

heath
Old June 3rd, 2004, 03:59 AM   #309
Regular Crew

IT WORKS NOW, JUST DONT TRY TO DO IT ON A BUDGET SAMSUNG VHS!

Thanks!
Sam
Old June 10th, 2004, 09:29 AM   #310
New Boot

Understanding filter "numbers"

I am poised to buy a "Soft Contrast" filter and a wide adapter for my HD1. The SC filter is Tiffen brand, measured as 1,2,3,4,5. AM I correct in assuming that the "1" will produce the least effect?

And for the wide adapter, am I correct that a .72x will be wider than a .48x adapter?

Thanks
Old June 12th, 2004, 07:15 PM   #311
Trustee

HDV popular at NAB2004

We've all gotten crap for owning this camera, but take a look at this here. Apparently, the interest in HDV is real stuff even to NAB types who traditionally have been high $$$ spenders. I don't think the general television crowd is turned off by HDV...instead, it's going to be an affordable way to make the transition to HD.

Next year those two 5's will be 3's and 2's.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/dailynews/one.php?id=2064

Good news for us because we're already there.

Murph
Old June 14th, 2004, 02:01 AM   #312
Regular Crew

Weird color rendering issue

Here's a strange issue I haven't seen posted here before. Most of the regulars here probably know about the UFO green cigar incident, but here's a new one.

Took my HD10 outside this weekend to do some shooing in the bright sunlight. Since the sun was really bright, I slapped ND0.6 filter ontop of ND0.9 and got the iris opened to F5.6 (I guess) at 1/30. So far, so good. But when checking the footage afterwards, I noticed a guy who was with us, appeared wearing a green outfit on the video although he was wearing dark blue when I was shooting. So I took the camera outside again and did some testing.

White balance was set to Fine, shutter priority at 1/30, AGC off.

First frame grab without any filters:
http://www.ztnmaps.com/no_filter.png

With ND0.3, everything normal:
http://www.ztnmaps.com/nd_03.png

With ND0.6, still looks ok to me:
http://www.ztnmaps.com/nd_06.png

With ND0.9, you can kinda see some slight greenish tint already:
http://www.ztnmaps.com/nd_09.png

ND0.9 + ND0.6, Behold the green slime!
http://www.ztnmaps.com/nd_09+06.png

So, here's the question: could it be that ND0.6 with 09 was too much and what we're seeing here is the camera wrongfully trying to compensate color information which was suppressed by the double filters? Thoughts?
Old June 14th, 2004, 08:57 AM   #313
Regular Crew

Compatible with RT2500?

Hello, (this is my first post)

We have been using the XL-1 with the Matrox RT2500 capture card for corporate videos and streaming videos. We'd like to upgrade to the JY-HD10U, but we want to make sure it will fit into our current pipeline before we take the plunge.

Although I know we wouldn't be taking advantage of the HD capabilites, if we used the DV 4:3 mode, could we caputre it just like out current XL-1? It should be the standard IEEE-1394 NTSC capture right?

Can anyone confirm that the DV mode of this camera works just like the standard 4:3 NTSC camera capture?

Thanks!
Old June 14th, 2004, 09:34 AM   #314
Regular Crew

Chris -

Yes - the JY-HD10U will allow you to capture DV in 4:3 mode just like any other DV Camera. BUT this camera isn't going to produce anywhere near as nice an image in DV mode as your 3 Chip XL-1. I think you will be disappointed, especialy with the color, if you are using the camera for regular DV.
Old June 14th, 2004, 02:56 PM   #315
Trustee

My guess is it is a form of chroma noise from you blocking too much light. I don't think you need to filter so much while you are in indoor light environments.
Ken

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U