Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 14th, 2004, 09:00 PM   #316
Regular Crew

It was outdoors actually. But I think you're right, it seems like a chroma noise although the AGC was off.
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:57 PM   #317
Tourist

Dub JY-HD10U to HDCam

Does anyone know the best way to convert 720P video from the HD10U to an HDCam tape? We're making a documentary with primarily Sony F900/3s, but we want to occasionally use a the HD10U as a second or third camera.

We downconvert all of or HDCam tapes to DVCam to edit in FCP, then reassemble at a post house. We don't want to have two formats to deal with in post - such as 720P and 24P.

It seems the only way to get the HD signal out of the HD10U is to use the firewire, which is not supported by any HDDecks.

I had someone try to capture the HD10U's video into FCP using Hueris software, then rescale, and then render the video to 24P, then output the results on a Kona card to an HDCam deck, but the results were jitterly and the in fast motion. This person has stopped working on a solution...

Has anyone found a way to convert the video from a JY-HD10U to HDCam?

Thanks,
Jim
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #318
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It sounds like you were on the right track. The biggest issue is the frame rate not the resolution. Even the camera does an OK job of upscaling 720p to 1080i on its analog output. But with the up-scale you still have 30P not 24P, which it seems you need. 30P to 24P conversion is very difficult to do well. You previous attempt likely used frame blending or frame duplication which will look jittery. Tools like Magic Bullet and Twixtor can perform this conversion with motion interpolation that produces good results with a lot of rendering time.
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #319
Regular Crew

JVC HD10U with Matte Box

Hi Everybody,
finally I`ve got my HD10U.I just received today from B&H...Thanks for all the suggestions to help me deciding it!
I also want to purchase a matte box now and I decided to stay at Century Optics matte box.I just would like to know how exactly things work with it ...The matte box accept 4x4 and 3x3 filters.Anybody can tell me what will be the difference using this or that ??? Will I have the same use of both or one will be worst or better than the other.
Appreciate all your help
Thanks
Gabor
Old July 8th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #320
Obstreperous Rex

Anyone in Manhattan with a JVC HDV cam?

On behalf of Bruce Johnson of DV Magazine:

"Anyone in Manhattan with a JVC HDV cam that would like to lend it to me and Adam Wilt for our session at DVExpo? You would really be helping us out immensely. Any takers? Next Weds July 14 at 9:30AM, Javitz Center."

Reply here and I'll coordinate you through Bruce and Adam. I'll try to get 'em to buy you lunch, at least, for the loan. You should get a floor pass too. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 9th, 2004, 07:38 AM   #321
Trustee

Sure, I'd like to help. Please email me privately for details.
Old July 9th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #322
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks Alex!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #323
MPS Digital Studios

Interesting deal at JVC.com

Check out this wild deal at JVC!

Buy a (list price) $13,000 HD projector, get a free HD1! Wow...

heath
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #324
Major Player

Is there a site with a list of all software and hardware support for HDV

Is there a site with a list of all the software and hardware supporters for the HDV format (besides the JVC 3rd party page which is only partially complete).

Thanks
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #325
Wrangler

Dwight,

This site lists HDV supporters:

http://www.hdv-info.org/
Old July 19th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #326
MPS Digital Studios

And to give a little plug to our special HDV site, click on over to here.

heath
Old July 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #327
Regular Crew

Stuck pixel

Well, it took 2 months for my HD10 to develop a stuck pixel. I've seen reports here about stuck pixels which will appear as a bright green dot on the footage and that's exactly how it appears on my footage. So my question is: has anybody had JVC to service their camera for this particular problem? Did they take care of it and if, then how fast?
Old July 28th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #328
New Boot

stuck pixel

I had that very same problem. I had to return mine to Japan cuz I bought it there. They were really helpful, but unfortunately they could not fix it so they just replaced it with another camera. I was lucky it was still under warranty. I wonder if this is an onging problem for the HD1 users? Hope you can get a replacement too.
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #329
Regular Crew

Good Microphone for HD1 ?

I will go in a Photo Safari in Africa pretty soon and I need a decent microphone since the one on the HD1 is so bad.

What you guys can suggest to me? I would like to preserve stereo although at the mean time I'd like to record lions and other animals. I'm really in doubt here, please help.

Thanks !
Gabriele
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #330
Major Player

audio technica 822 will attach to the shoe, plug directly into the mic jack and provide great stereo

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U