Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old February 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #391
Regular Crew

JVC HD10u unknown device problems

Hello all,

I have not used my HD10 in a year and now want to try out Vegas 6.

I used to use the little JVC cuVH1 tape deck to download video into Cineform but now when i plug in either unit it says the USB port in an unknown device and windows does not recognize it and I am sure I am service pack 2.

I remember something about having to find the unit in Device manager or add hardware but I am not finding JVC anything anywhere. And if I am using i-link firewire why is it getting USB errors. I thought USB and firewire where 2 different animals.

Can I download the driver somewhere? I have the original install disk but it says JVC MPEG edit studio on it, was there another disk i am not finding that has the drivers?

Last year i was doing all sorts of editing with no trouble but now i cant seem to get windows to allow me to use it
Old February 5th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #392
Trustee

Those cameras have BOTH firewire AND USB ports and cables. (The USB is used for transfering still images)

Can you confirm that you are definitely using the firewire ports? If so, it's very strange that you are getting a USB eror message!
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #393
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling
Those cameras have BOTH firewire AND USB ports and cables. (The USB is used for transfering still images)

Can you confirm that you are definitely using the firewire ports? If so, it's very strange that you are getting a USB eror message!
Its the firewire, and I am trying to plug it into the front panel of computer. I also try plugging it into the Soundblaster Audigy2 firewire ports but get nothing on the front nor the back, this is discouraging, I was using this with no troubles last year
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM   #394
Eric Larson

rain gear for gr-hd1

Can anyone suggest some good "rain coat" for the gr-hd1?
Thanks
Eric

Old February 9th, 2006, 12:09 AM   #395
Regular Crew

I've got a "wet set" shoot coming up this summer, but I was planning on making one myself. It's a small camera so it shouldn't be terribly difficult. As far as I know there isn't one specifically designed for it, but there are probably generic ones that fit. You could check PortaBrace's website, they're pretty much the name in camera protection.
Old April 6th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #396
Regular Crew

HD10U+Greenscreen=Spec commercial

Wanted to see how hard it would be to Croma Key with all the HDV mpeg artifacts and found it to be a huge pain in the A$$....wel sorta since it's the first time I've tried it.
Got it to work though.
Here is a Spec commercial I shot for my uncles tortilla factory.
It's in Spanish...
http://s87055845.onlinehome.us/uploa...tillasspec.mov

He liked it and decided to run it on the local Spanish channel Telemundo.
I used After effects to change the spotty artifacty green to a solid green, then did the chroma in premiere.

Hope you guys dig it.
Old April 8th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #397
Trustee

You've done a good chromakey. I'm sure your client is thrilled. Keep up the good work...
Old April 8th, 2006, 01:09 PM   #398
Regular Crew

Thanks Steven,
One thing I played with on this was digitally racking focus between the main actors and the background. I used the blur effect in premiere. Don't know if any body picked that up because it was subtle but it was kind of neat to have total control over the focusing...in post.
Old April 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #399
MPS Digital Studios

HD10/1 co-stars in SUPERMAN RETURNS

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/ima...jpg&img=27&tt=

Weird!

hwm
Old April 13th, 2006, 07:27 AM   #400
Regular Crew

Lex has good taste.
Old April 29th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #401
Regular Crew

Outside Footage

Here are some shots I took of my eleven year old Rotti. I used just the HD10 with a polarizer filter. Nothing special, but something to look at.
Cheers.
http://www.easy-sharing.com/407673/dexter.wmv.html
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:59 PM   #402
Eric Larson

direct show driver?

Hi
I'm trying to capture from the camera using VideoLan Client. I'm able to do it in VCR mode. But when I switch to camera mode, the camera no longer shows up in the Video Lan Client drop down menu.
Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm thinking I need to install a driver to get it to work, specifically a directshow driver.

The reason I want to do this with VideoLan Client is because it gives you a lot of options with what you can do with the captured footage. Including using it as a direct to disk recorder.

I don't have any problems capturing with other programs.

Thanks
Eric

Old May 5th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #403
Trustee

Its been a while, but somewhere you have to switch to stramingMpeg, so it can get the live feed. Do a search for keywords in this forum HD1/10 as there are directions.
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #404
Trustee

Upon review, my post might have been a litle confussing on what to search for. "VideoLan", or "VLC" should do the trick!
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:10 PM   #405
Regular Crew

Any recommendations on a Video Light for my GR-HD1?

the other day I got access to a Canon Video Light (the model that uses the same battery type as the GL2, and not the cameras power) for my GR-HD1 and I really liked it. However, I don't want to buy that model- unless I can find one for cheap, because I will also have to buy a canon battery for it and a battery charger- I'm sure there's a cheaper Video Light out there that comes with its own batter/charger or one that take normal batterys. Any suggestions?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U