Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old January 16th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #436
New Boot

GR-PD1 owners and Vegas7

Hi,
can anyone help me to set properly project information and video output settings for the 25p Hi-res mode of this camera ?
My current project settings are:
video res: 720x576 PAL
Mode: progressive
Video: PAL Widescreen

and same for video output.
The strange thing is that video output is correctly seen on a monitor but on a 16:9 lcd tv screen a little part of vertical lines are "outside" the screen size.
Sorry for my english and thank you for anyone want to answer me!
Sulu.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #437
Regular Crew

The easiest way to have the project properties set correctly is to let Vegas do that job. Use the "Match Media" function to do so. If you opened the Project Properties window you will find that function on the upper right part of the window - it's that icon which looks like a folder. Here set the path to one of the PD1 files and double-click. Now Vegas has got the correct project properties.

Though with the properties you mentioned above you should be very fine. Same for the properties you have chosen for the final PAL output. It should be 720x576 and PAL Widescreen.

The missing vertical lines are due to your screen's framing. That's the way such screens are constructed.

Marco
Old February 24th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #438
New Boot

gr-hd1u hd into FCP 5.1.2

is there a easy setup or should i costumise a setup for capturing HD footage into FCP ? how shold i setup? thank you for tha attention
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #439
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Dutra View Post
is there a easy setup or should i costumise a setup for capturing HD footage into FCP ? how shold i setup? thank you for tha attention
You have a choice of easy setups: either HDV 720p30 or Apple Intermediate Codec 720p30.
Old February 28th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #440
Regular Crew

Gr-hd1us F/s

HI

I have a HD1 for sale on ebay . If anyone buy's it at the" Buy it now" Price . and send me a email saying you are a member of DV-info. I'll sell you a RODE NTG-2 mic and holder for 100.00 extra New in the Box Here is the ebay item # 200084223012
Old April 1st, 2007, 07:06 PM   #441
New Boot

capturing SD mode into FCP

first of all i would like to thanks the way things work here, it has helped me a lot. thank you very much for your ansers.

i recorded with the GR HD1U in the SD mode, i found out in the manual that it records in a MPEG2 format (480p) with a 16:9 aspect ratio and now i'm having troble with the capturing. The final cut 5.1.4 with the regular setup DV NTSC doesn't show preview and doesnt capture.

what setup should i use?

thanks again for the attention
carla dutra
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #442
Trustee

Your saying you captured using the SD mode (480p60) but you are trying to capture to FCP using a DV setup. SD and DV are not the same thing. I am not sure if FCP supports any of the 60p modes of HDV being the SD or HD variants which PC user's have enjoyed for some time now (you might want to ask in the editing forum about current Mac compatibility). If not you will need to capture using DV, which is a complete waste of the cams capabilities IMHO. Or use the 720p30 mode which is supported by Apple, I do believe. Whip de doo. Thanks Apple!

Last edited by Ken Hodson; April 7th, 2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #443
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Dutra View Post
i recorded with the GR HD1U in the SD mode, i found out in the manual that it records in a MPEG2 format (480p) with a 16:9 aspect ratio and now i'm having troble with the capturing. The final cut 5.1.4 with the regular setup DV NTSC doesn't show preview and doesnt capture.
I'd attempt capture using VirtualDVHS and/or DVHSCap. Those applications are free and bundled in the FireWire SDK, available through the Apple developers site. http://developer.apple.com/sdk/ Scroll down for the FireWire SDK.

Once the m2t is captured, take it to MPlayer or VLC (both are free downloads) to see if you have a picture. To convert the video to a format useable in FCP, use MPEG Streamclip. http://www.squared5.com
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #444
Tourist

Has anybody else had this problem?

Hi,
I've got a GR HD1 that I bought refurbished earlier this year and almost never used. Lately I've been noticing that if I have a section of my image that is slightly higher in contrast (such as a thin bright overexposed reflection, on the rim of an otherwise dark table), then that portion of my image comes out looking a little jagged and noisy.

Is this normal? And if not, would it be worth it to try and get it repaired, or should I just cut my losses and look for another camera?
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #445
Regular Crew

JVC HD Everio / User reviews anyone?

This may not be exactly the right topic to post this but seems close.
Was recently asked to check into the seemigly new JVC HD Everio camera by a company I colloborate with on various production projects.

http://www.jvc-me.com/Flash/HD7/index.html

The projects may range from visual property tours to live music in low light conditions.

Some of my camera style is going handheld with Glidecam.

Does anyone have any prctical experience with this particular model you wouldn't mind sharing insight on ?

best,

Ken B.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #446
Regular Crew

It's difficult to find on the DVinfo Forum some information about the JVC Everio GZ-HD7 because, until now, there's no dedicated sub-forum...

I advice you to read this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=83341

The post #213 is a user 'final verdict' and summarizes quite all the things regarding the capabilities/uncapabilities of this camcorder:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....&postcount=213

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U