as of June 2006 best Work flow form GR HD1 to WMV9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old June 21st, 2006, 09:13 AM   #1
Tourist

as of June 2006 best Work flow form GR HD1 to WMV9

I am looking for the best Quailty from capture to simply edits,(title few cuts, simply transtions) to final output to WMV9 for Play Back via a Media Center PC to steam to XBOX 360 as final destination.

I have not seen any updates on this topic in a while and just want to see what people are using and what seems to work best now with a lot of Apps supporting HDV now.

Thanks
Brian
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:43 AM   #2
Trustee

Any major NLE that suppoerts HDV will do this just fine. Pick one in your price range. PremierPro 1.5 is a good choice. Very good price now that PPro 2.0 is out. Version 1.5 has a free update from Adobe that uses the Cineform solution for very high quality, high speed HDV editing using their own codec. Not quite as nice as their AspectHD product, but more then adequate for your needs. Sony Vegas 6 is also a good choice. It will edit HDV quite well and can also be updated with Cineforms ConnectHD product, but it is not free like with PremierePro 1.5.
A few small recomendations. Have a system drive(Windows), and a video drive. Not partitions, actual seperate drives. Dual channel RAM, 1 gig is adequate 512mb minimum. 800Mhz front side bus if it is a P4 or any Athlon64.
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #3
Tourist

Thanks Ken,

I just put together a p4 dual 3.g 800fsb box with 2gig of ddr2 667 memory
256 XT1300 Pro GPU and 3 drives one 80g for OS and two 250s in a Raid 0 for the Video Drive. I Tried Pinnacle Studio 10.5 but a simple capture and render without adding or cuting the capture then output to a WMV9 file took for ever on a 60sec clip and I think that I see a Generational Loss. With My goal to Keep the Video as Clean as Possible and a title and a few cuts and soundtrack, which of the Apps that you mentioned will Do this for me and also which take advantage of my Hardware setup. Thanks So much Again for any and all help!

PS my Cam is the GR HD1 and WMV9 or H.264 will prob be my final output wants.

Brian M Walker aka bMw
Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Trustee

Maybe consider capturing your HDV, Do all of your changes then render out to HuffYUV (free) uncompressed codec. When your all done output to a final format. Whatever that may be.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U