External Mic for JY-HD10U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old August 24th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1
New Boot

External Mic for JY-HD10U

I got my HD10U and noticed it did not include the external boom mic. Has a really nice holder for it. I believe they list that for $130 + dollars or so. Is there a universal one that will work for a less price that still sounds good. Thanks
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

mic options

Hi thomas,

I m about to buy one of the B unit myself and i was wondering what exactly come with the kit and (much more important)...is there a 1/8 mic input jack even though there's an XLR box with the camera ? I ve got a rode video mic already (wit 1/8 input...) and i m hoping i could use it on the Hd10u.

Thank for your answer

BTW: i do think a lot of mic could fit into the holder... possibly much better than the jvc one...
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #3
Major Player

the holder that comes w/ the HD10 is a very standard shotgun mic holder, & you can spend anywhere from $80-$1,200 (in just a quick search) for a mic that would fit the holder

google "types of mics" & learn a bit about: Dynamic, Carbon, Ribbon & Crystal mics; Carotid, Bi-directional, Unidirectional, & Omnidirectional mics.

I know that I didn't give you a simple answer on which mic to buy, but depending on what you plan on using your camera for, there is a mic that will work for that purpose.

the HD1 / HD10 are good cameras, but everyone keeps saying over & over that they're only good cameras if you take the time to learn how to use them correctly. If you want something to point & shoot, get something else (Sony HDR-HC3?)
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #4
New Boot

Check out this link for owners manual

It will shows what it comes with. I think it worth it .. tried it out last night looks good. I think I might have a bad battery though. It is under warrenty.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/i...&itempath=null

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U