Rebate status - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Maytum View Post
Called that dealer and they tried to sell me a Panasonic HVX 200 instead saying it was a way better camera and I shouldn't bother with the JVC.

Julian
What was the reason for recommending the HVX over the HD110? Seems a bit strange.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph A. Benoit View Post
HI
i don't understand JVC is JVC why not cover warr. work
whether its Canada or US is there something diff. with the Cameras
who covers for the warr. work, is'nt it JVC

just a thought
Joe
But JVC isn't just JVC. It is JVC Canada, JVC U.S.A, JVC Asia, JVC Europe, JVC Japan, JVC Brazil, JVC Argentina, JVC Panama, JVC Chile, etc.

That's just the way it works, around the world, with every global corporation who manufactures and sells products regionally. Whether it be Nikon, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Sony, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, etc., they are all set up the same way with individual corporations in each region that must import and operate according to the particular laws of the land. Read any warranty card you have ever received with any product and the regional limitations are clearly stated.

On a simple accounting level it makes sense that a corporation in a particular country would only honour warranties for products that they sold in that country. Remember, sales revenues generated locally pay the salaries and cover expenses of those local service centers. Can you imagine trying to sort out the bookkeeping if the Japanese parent had to declare losses in one country for servicing products sold in another? The tax situation would be incomprehensible and it just isn't done.
Old August 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Tim
i now understand
Joe
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco View Post
What was the reason for recommending the HVX over the HD110? Seems a bit strange.
I'd guess better profit margins for him :)

Julian
Julian Maytum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Maytum View Post
I'd guess better profit margins for him :)

Julian
I would have said "throw in 2hrs worth of P2 cards, for the same price as the HD110 and you've got a sale!"
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
My dealer just told me the other day he heard about a guy who bought a U.S. camera, got it home, fried the firewire port, but couldn't get it serviced for free in Canada. It would have been free if he had the Canadian warranty.
Also, there is a strong possibility you will get hit with duties, taxes and UPS brokerage fees if you mail it directly to your Canadian address, not to mention extra shipping costs. Even if you have it sent to a U.S. address you legally need to declare it when you cross the border and pay the applicable duties & taxes.
As I'm sure any accountant would tell you, if you are a business owner and have a GST number (or HST) it is beneficial to always buy Canadian because you get the tax back through input tax credits.
Tim, that "guy" who live close to the border and your Ha"ton base dealer, who - better I'm not say name - was extremely pissed because after two KY-27c and few top level editing VCRs and A/B roll controller I turn my back to him and went buy stuff to the States. He is just pissed, nothing else. I saved about $2500-3000 on EACH of my three cameras, a couple grands on my HD-50 VTR and easy around other 2-2 1/2 grands on my HD monitor with the input boards. (these saving altogether are around $13000) Woooow. Down payment for a house.
Now about the fried firewire..... Well you guys need to listen this. First of all it's wasn't a camera it was a HD-50 VTR.
After I fried the firewire board, I called this Canadian dealer - because after that many business to him from me, (I left there in the late '90s around $50000 in the ProVHS era) I thought he may help me. Well he didn't. He told me I need to send to where I bought, to the States and also gave me a JVC Canada's phone # and the technician name. Well, JVC Canada can't fix it under warranty.
So, I sent it to JVC America from Detroit and 12 days later the VTR arrived - fixed and free under warranty.
Now the "funny" thing: At the same time one other JVC HD user from my city had a same problem and he called JVC Canada and the technician (was VERY nice and helpfully) said he need to order the board. The board came in almost three months later. (Yes, about 80-85 days later)
JVC Canada fixed for him, also under warranty for free. Again, the head technician was extremely nice, but some reason he need to wait that long time for the board.
So, now which is better? 12 days or three months without VTR ????????
About GST and PST, I need to pay at the border, when I bring the camera over from the Fedex station in Detroit, where my dealer ship to and later I can write off those taxes, just like if I buy from Canada. The shipping is $39 for ea. camera or VTR and a bit more for the monitor.
Believe my guys, I want to spend my money in my own country, but the price different is HUGE.
About JVC Canada and USA etc. I understand, but how come Viewsonic is Viewsonic everywhere? I buy Viewsonic computer monitor on ebay and Viewsonic cover everything. I need to send to Markham ON. Canada after I call for RMA # and the guy talk to me from California. They do different way and I think that way is waaaaay better for they customers. Just my 2cents.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #22
Major Player

Anybody know if I can get the rebate or not with my situation. My post is a few above this.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems