Shooting in Hawaii, any tips of stuff to bring? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shooting in Hawaii, any tips of stuff to bring?

I have a shoot coming up in Hawaii, in September.
I will be bringing my HD110 with DTE, as I've heard there are none to rent and no one there uses them.

How does the camera behave with high humidity? Any problems?
We will be shooting on disk, but also recording to tape for backup.

Also, any tips on things to bring from the Mainland, not easily aquired in Hawaii? (production stuff, not wine....)

thanks!
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Sunscreen- lot's of sunscreen ;-)

Couldn't help it.

I shot there 3 times and my biggest concern was and still would be sand. When i was on Maui and the big island there seemed to be sand flying everywhere. Perhaps it was my active imagination working overtime on those beautiful wonderful can't wait to get back to islands but I would use some sort of sand protection, IE a camera jacket or garbage bag if you need to and make sure you don't open the tape door without turning away from the wind as much as possible. I know I'm being overly cautious and perhap a few of our friends who live there can be of more help. I never had a problem with humidity with my cameras. Of course I was never there in September either but June and January were fine. Well June was pretty hot but that's just something you have to "take" in paradise!
Have fun and oh yeah throw a UV filter on if for no other reason to protect the glass. Sand blowing around you know ;-)
I'm jealous.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:40 PM   #3
Inner Circle

when moving from an air con environment (car, hotel, whatever) to outside, give the cam about 15 minutes to aclimatize. it's essential.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems