HD110u & Final Cut Studio 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM   #1
Tourist

HD110u & Final Cut Studio 2

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading a lot of posts here, but wanted to clarify... Can someone tell me if with the new firmware updates from JVC (http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/HD...00110_upgrade/) is the JVC HD110u compatible with Final Cut Studio 2?
Todd R. Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Major Player

I just had my camera upgraded last week by JVC in Chicago when it was in for a repair.

I can honestly tell you that FCP 6 now works great with the camera. No more timecode breaks.

Of course it will break up a clip when ever you start or stop the tape, but this happens with all HDV cameras.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Tood just follow inst from this piont forward.

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/HD...10pathkey.html
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R. Peterson View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading a lot of posts here, but wanted to clarify... Can someone tell me if with the new firmware updates from JVC (http://pro.jvc.com/pro/attributes/HD...00110_upgrade/) is the JVC HD110u compatible with Final Cut Studio 2?
Hello,

The firmware upgrade that came out in early July is actually for all HD100 & HD200 series cameras. I do believe you need to have had at least the "A" upgrade that JVC was doing for free last year to update your HD100. If you have an HD110, you should be able to upgrade.

I'm still using Final Cut Studio 1 w/ FCP 5 and I have captured 3 weddings with no split clip problems since upgrading the camera, so I would highly recommend it, only if you use Final Cut Pro and you have the balls to risk doing the upgrade yourself. If not, have a JVC tech do it. Someone on here already had to send their camera in for service because the upgrade did not go smoothly. READ THE DIRECTIONS.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 05:17 AM   #5
Major Player

FCS 2 also working smoothly with 251 ?

I just wonder whether 25P and 24P capture to now works smoothly with 251 footage both on HDD and on tape. in my previous 25P production the capture to FCP5 was a nightmare (with a 110 without latest firmware).
I'm shooting with a 251 camera with Mini-35 and Nikons/Hasselblads next week .
Any problems which must be anticipated ? How to capture best ?
Claude Mangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco View Post
Hello,

If not, have a JVC tech do it. Someone on here already had to send their camera in for service because the upgrade did not go smoothly. READ THE DIRECTIONS.
Please be careful doing this fimware upgrade. A friend took his 110 to an authorized JVC dealer that also did service. They promptly fried his video board because they did it wrong. The vendor ended up paying for it, over $1000 repair, but they had to send it to JVC to get it fixed.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #7
Major Player

I have FCP Studio (1) still get time code breaks (not lined up with pausing during recording) and did the firmware update. Yes, read the instructions several times. no biggie.... but if you do it wrong, (power failure) then you need to Fed-X it to the shop. So are people having luck with the new FCP Studio 2? If so, that's a reason to upgrade... that and maybe getting 60p HDV in some future free updates.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems