DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Best Mic For Hd200 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/104721-best-mic-hd200.html)

Rana Sodhi October 1st, 2007 05:27 AM

Best Mic For Hd200

Dear Guy's

I have the HD200 MODEL, when it arrives i changed the microphone to the MV P615U ( OPTIONAL ONE THAT JVC OFFER) instead of the one that came with the camera. I have been using the MV P615U with my old jvc-dv500 and have been happy in the past.

but i'm not really getting good sound ( ie was recording registry wedding and just about hear the couple sayiong their vows, had to increase the volume while editing).

just wanted to know what other options do i have .....was looking at the RODE NGT1 ....any views will be great....

thanks
rana

Julian Maytum October 1st, 2007 05:32 AM

My favourite on camera mic is the Sennheiser 66 Shotgun. I wouldn't trade it for anything out there to be honest.

Jim Boda October 1st, 2007 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rana Sodhi (Post 752495)
...just wanted to know what other options do i have .....was looking at the RODE NGT1 ....any views will be great....

thanks
rana

A clear upgrade mic for an on-camera situation would be the Sanken CS1.

A step above that would likely be the Sennheiser 416.

A step below the Sanken would probably be one of the Audio Technica shotguns (AT4073A...)

Alex Humphrey October 1st, 2007 03:26 PM

I'm running a Sennheiser either 416 or 66... I forgot which. Have a Rode dead cat on top of it hiding the model number with the Rode (I think) shock mount. real nice. Sound engineers will call these Sennheisers entry level, but they are still better than what I see CNN running with. 1,000x better than the stock mic. More natural sound with less background etc. More sensitive etc, but not overly amplified. There is a site SOMEWHERE that had a sample recording of these and 3 other mics of someone reading an advertisment. You could really get the feel for how the mics sounded. To me the Sennheiser was the best without going into the $3,000 for a mic range. My friend wouldn't think about anything less than a $5,000 mic. He can hear the difference. I've got to admit, I think I can in a silent room with headphones and a super clean mixing board, but I might be imagining it. $1,000 for mic, mount, deadcat (cheap blimp/sock/condum), cables and even a 6' pole and I'm happy.

Robert Castiglione October 6th, 2007 05:22 PM

Also, you should check out the Rode NTG-1 which is very nice.

Personally (only a matter of taste) I find the cheaper Sennheisser ME66 to be on the harsh side. The Rode has a much softer and natural sound to my ears.

Rob

Stephen L. Noe October 6th, 2007 11:53 PM

It's very hard to beat the AT835b. It's relatively cheap and very resistant to handling noise.

Robert Castiglione October 7th, 2007 01:00 AM

Concerning handling noise mentioned by Stephen. A slight cautionary note on the Rode. If you use the camera mount you WILL get handling noise from operation of the camera. I built an extender (using the KTek general purpose suspension as the mount) which takes it away from the body of the camera and the problem disappeared.

Rob

Rana Sodhi October 11th, 2007 04:26 AM

audio mic

thanks for the information supplied, i shall try the k6 and may give a go for the Rode Mic, also just meet a friend who has a sony micrphone.

i will check the results and will post reply.

once again many thanks for all your replies.

regards

Rana