Best Mic For Hd200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 1st, 2007, 05:27 AM   #1
New Boot

Best Mic For Hd200

Dear Guy's

I have the HD200 MODEL, when it arrives i changed the microphone to the MV P615U ( OPTIONAL ONE THAT JVC OFFER) instead of the one that came with the camera. I have been using the MV P615U with my old jvc-dv500 and have been happy in the past.

but i'm not really getting good sound ( ie was recording registry wedding and just about hear the couple sayiong their vows, had to increase the volume while editing).

just wanted to know what other options do i have .....was looking at the RODE NGT1 ....any views will be great....

thanks
rana
Rana Sodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 05:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

My favourite on camera mic is the Sennheiser 66 Shotgun. I wouldn't trade it for anything out there to be honest.
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Sodhi View Post
...just wanted to know what other options do i have .....was looking at the RODE NGT1 ....any views will be great....

thanks
rana
A clear upgrade mic for an on-camera situation would be the Sanken CS1.

A step above that would likely be the Sennheiser 416.

A step below the Sanken would probably be one of the Audio Technica shotguns (AT4073A...)
Jim Boda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM   #4
Major Player

I'm running a Sennheiser either 416 or 66... I forgot which. Have a Rode dead cat on top of it hiding the model number with the Rode (I think) shock mount. real nice. Sound engineers will call these Sennheisers entry level, but they are still better than what I see CNN running with. 1,000x better than the stock mic. More natural sound with less background etc. More sensitive etc, but not overly amplified. There is a site SOMEWHERE that had a sample recording of these and 3 other mics of someone reading an advertisment. You could really get the feel for how the mics sounded. To me the Sennheiser was the best without going into the $3,000 for a mic range. My friend wouldn't think about anything less than a $5,000 mic. He can hear the difference. I've got to admit, I think I can in a silent room with headphones and a super clean mixing board, but I might be imagining it. $1,000 for mic, mount, deadcat (cheap blimp/sock/condum), cables and even a 6' pole and I'm happy.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Also, you should check out the Rode NTG-1 which is very nice.

Personally (only a matter of taste) I find the cheaper Sennheisser ME66 to be on the harsh side. The Rode has a much softer and natural sound to my ears.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #6
Trustee

It's very hard to beat the AT835b. It's relatively cheap and very resistant to handling noise.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Major Player

Concerning handling noise mentioned by Stephen. A slight cautionary note on the Rode. If you use the camera mount you WILL get handling noise from operation of the camera. I built an extender (using the KTek general purpose suspension as the mount) which takes it away from the body of the camera and the problem disappeared.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 04:26 AM   #8
New Boot

audio mic

thanks for the information supplied, i shall try the k6 and may give a go for the Rode Mic, also just meet a friend who has a sony micrphone.

i will check the results and will post reply.

once again many thanks for all your replies.

regards

Rana
Rana Sodhi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems