A-Upgrade where can i see if my camera has it? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 21st, 2007, 06:27 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scattergood View Post
Paul - I called JVC but Mike wasn't around.
I found it a little odd that nobody there seemed to know about the 'A' upgrade?
Mike seems to be the most knowledgeable one there, so I'd try to speak to him again.

As far as I know, the whole "A" upgrade thing was the "U" models not the "E" models? (I may be wrong). I haven't had to send my cam in for any fixes, but then again I've never had many problems, I just wanted the firmware update to minimise the final cut problems, and so far I haven't had a chance to try it out.

The only thing thats noticeably different so far since the update is a couple of extra menu items, which I think are connected to firestore hard drive use.
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:36 AM   #17
Major Player

^^ Cheers Paul.
I phoned again on Friday and they asked if I wished to send the camera in for the upgrade - I told them I'd give it a go myself (making sure the tape is out the cam!). However, for the HD100 fix on the website you have to fill out a form for them to then contact you again...so I'm still waiting.
Didn't realise the 'A' upgrade relates to the U models though.

Thanks.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems